Riff starts at 20 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_LC_tKy_bE

Obviously its a distortion pedal, but with a boring ol' strat, an mg10, and a ds-1, im not surprised to find i cant get it. But what amp/guitar/pickups or even pedal would achieve something that heavy?

I'd prefer it be something of a Fender or Gibson, because I'm not getting an Ibby or LTD or things on that idea.

Thanks.
There's room for all of God's creatures; Right next to the mashed potatoes.
what you need is a better amp - i think kurt cobain used a fender twin reverb to record most of that album, but that might be a bit pricey.

but any clean fender-like tube amp should get you a decent enough approximation of that tone with the gear you currently have - the amp is most likely to be the weak link.

edit: ^yep, given the very fizzy, gritty nature of that tone it may be possible to get close enough without buying anything extra, and just adjusting the settings a bit, since it's not really a particularly "classy" tone. i forgot to mention that..
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Nov 20, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Didnt he use a DS1?

i think he used a DS2 on in utero... but they aren't that different tbh.

iirc some guitar parts were tracked with the DS2 into a fender twin reverb, some were just DI'd through a tech21 sansamp, and all kinds of other stuff like that - the guitar parts are layered quite a lot on that album, which is something else to bare in mind...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
i think he used a DS2 on in utero... but they aren't that different tbh.

iirc some guitar parts were tracked with the DS2 into a fender twin reverb, some were just DI'd through a tech21 sansamp, and all kinds of other stuff like that - the guitar parts are layered quite a lot on that album, which is something else to bare in mind...

^ This is true. Sounds quite heavy for a single track.
There's room for all of God's creatures; Right next to the mashed potatoes.