I am planning to buy another RG and swap the pick ups, i would use it mainly for "shred-metal" in standard tuning, but im not sure which ones exactly.

I have an X2N in the bridge of another RG and i really like the way it sounds so i was thinking about an X2N combo... do you think it can work or it will be overkill?
Most guitarists couple their high gain bridge pickup with a lower output p-up in the neck for cleans.
But if you are not bothered by that cleans will be harder to achieve, then try it by all means
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
That wouldn't turn out well, I don't think. The neck pickup is always "hotter", cause of harmonics and what not, so if you have the same pickup in both positions, especially a pickup that is so hot, I would think that the neck would completely overpower the bridge. Someone feel free to correct me on that if I'm wrong.

It looks like the Super 2 is a popular choice in the neck with an X2N.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
That wouldn't turn out well, I don't think. The neck pickup is always "hotter", cause of harmonics and what not, so if you have the same pickup in both positions, especially a pickup that is so hot, I would think that the neck would completely overpower the bridge. Someone feel free to correct me on that if I'm wrong.

It looks like the Super 2 is a popular choice in the neck with an X2N.

hey thanks for the clear reply, i already have X2N + super 2 on another RG so i was looking to try something different.

i know the neck pick up is usually lower output than the bridge, but do you think it would make a difference if i lowered the X2N neck all the way down to kind of "tame" it?
Also, what do you mean by "overpower"? Did you mean muddy or just a massive difference in volume?

thanks!
I meant difference in volume.

I'm not sure how much lowering the pickup would help.

A Tone Zone could work in the neck. They sound kind of bland to me though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i got an X2N a few years ago, tried it in three or four guitars, absolutely hated it. . to each their own.

i really dont think one in the neck would be any good.

while this is a very different situation (my situation) i have a Gibby SG that i threw dual EMG 81's in, now it does what i want it to (its a stoner/doom guitar, and i like how EMG's get really muddled down tuned), however i really wish i would have thrown a 60 or 85 in the neck. didn't work that great.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The D-Activator X has bridge and neck models, maybe you could check that out
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.