I can't help but notice that people get very mad and defensive when their ignorance is pointed out and that their reasoning is flawed. It's even odder when it's done in a kind and polite manner. Why do you think people get so angry? Are they ashamed?
ಠ_ಠ
Pointing out their ignorance!*

I fixed your title.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Because you are saying that they are wrong. Wouldn't you get mad?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Odder isn't a word used to describe something being odd.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Because not a lot of people actually understand what ignorance means. They think it equates to stupidity.
Half the people think they're being called stupid, and the other half think they're calling someone stupid.
I see it as kind of egotistical: surely if someone says you are wrong you would want to hear why? Eh. Flawed logic pisses me off.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Nov 20, 2011,
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Because not a lot of people actually understand what ignorance means. They think it equates to stupidity.
Half the people think they're being called stupid, and the other half think they're calling someone stupid.

I've noticed that. More than enough times on Facebook, I see people posting things that are completely ignorance filled. I try to show them the rest of the story and the other side to inform them of their mistake. What I get in return is hate filled comments.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Momentosis
Pointing out their ignorance!*

I fixed your title.

Actually I think it made sense as is.
NOT EASILY LED, EASILY BANNED.
I guess over the internet politely telling someone they're wrong could easily come across as condescending and arrogant
Quote by KnightBand
Actually I think it made sense as is.

Not really, especially in the way he was using it.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Not really, especially in the way he was using it.

If TS added 'The' in the beginning of the title, it would've been correct.
ggg1 ggg3

Dat ego
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by fail
Dat ego

Dude, if someone says something stupid and completely illogical about the government and everyone is agreeing on it, it would have to be corrected. If you don't, you have a rumor spreading and a big group of stupid asses having hate rallies for something they pretty much made up
ಠ_ಠ
Dude, I'm from Louisiana as well, but we didn't used to be so "ignurnt".
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
Quote by Jesus_Dean
Dude, I'm from Louisiana as well, but we didn't used to be so "ignurnt".

seems like you might
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
It's because some people would rather be "right" than deal with the truth. I think it's just people defending their world view instead of being open to change it when something more logical comes up.

From what I've seen, intelligent people are willing to accept that they are wrong and hypocritical in at least some way; for these people, it's more important to be correct than to have people agree with them.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Quote by Banjocal
I see it as kind of egotistical: surely if someone says you are wrong you would want to hear why? Eh. Flawed logic pisses me off.

Pretty much this
It's almost a bad habit of mine to question someone until I'm blue in the face on why they think I'm wrong
The time to hesitate is through..

Gear:
Fender 60's Road Worn Strat
Epiphone Les Paul '56 Gold Top
Orange Tiny Terror Combo

Quote by Draken
and the stig. American Stig would be a fat guy with a nascar hat.
Quote by stefanomire
Dude, if someone says something stupid and completely illogical about the government and everyone is agreeing on it, it would have to be corrected. If you don't, you have a rumor spreading and a big group of stupid asses having hate rallies for something they pretty much made up

I was referring to dat ego of people who don't like being corrected
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by JimDawson
It's because some people would rather be "right" than deal with the truth. I think it's just people defending their world view instead of being open to change it when something more logical comes up.

From what I've seen, intelligent people are willing to accept that they are wrong and hypocritical in at least some way; for these people, it's more important to be correct than to have people agree with them.

I think those people change their minds too (if not ignorant on purpose or not able to understand what you said). It's just not so often that you see this happen in real time.
I'd say it's shame, like you said. I wouldn't really like to know I'm wrong, either.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Quote by ARMAGEDDON_IT
Pretty much this
It's almost a bad habit of mine to question someone until I'm blue in the face on why they think I'm wrong

Meh, at least you accept they could be right.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
All the people in that post are stupid, but so is calling a Christmas tree a holiday tree.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Usually I'll go for the most inclusive view on a subject, but changing it to "holiday" tree just seems really butthurt and repressed to me. At the same time, sometimes you need to get into semantics to stop people from complaining about stupid details.

IMO it's more rational to save the money it takes to officially do all that "paperwork" for changing it to "holiday" tree and do something like... I don't know... put it towards paying back their debt!? Sadly, people being so butthurt about this could very well be worse than taking the money to make "holiday tree" official.

In a perfect world...
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
I've never been wrong so i couldn't really say.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
There's been a study a while ago about this. Apparently when people start to lose in arguments they tend to feel threatened, ie. the brain interprets these challenges as threats. Consequently, the survival instinct in us makes us retaliate aggressively in the interest of self-preservation
Yup, some people get mad when you call them on their ignorance. That's why they're ignorant in the first place.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
This is why I bight my tongue whenever anything about politics/philosophy/science/etc. comes up. It's so awkward being in the same room with people like that when they are having a discussion because none of them are willing to learn and they act like they want to kill each other. I can't keep my head up with that many people like that around.

Basically, nobody's willing to change because pride gets in their way. I'm sometimes like this myself when no one presents a valid argument (but now I just don't question anybody at all).