Hi everyone. It's been quite a while, but I'm looking for a new guitar, this time for college. I have a Schecter Hellraiser C1 at home and I love it, but I'm not going to be able to efficiently get that to where I am so I'm looking at a new guitar.

Here's the problem I have. I'm not sure whether or not to buy something nice or something kind of crappy. I'm not worried about losing or breaking the guitar though.

As far as budget goes, I guess I'd just look for the lowest cost for highest quality possible. Starting at say... $300?

I'd like to get a strat style electric with a fixed bridge. If at all possible (although they seem rare) I'd like to have an HSH pickup style without having to do a swap or body mod.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I'm really stuck here. I've looked at a lot of Schecters and Ibanez'es but I'm not sure which would work out. If anyone has input, please let me know!

Thanks!
i'd say wait until you get to college and just start digging on craigslist and kijiji, that way you don't have to worry about transport. as far as the actual guitar goes, old ibanez 350dx's look good for what you want, cheap and still able to be turned into quality machines
I'm already at college and I'e been looking on Craigslist although kijiji is new to me. I'll have to take a look at that. And I liked the ibanez guitars, but some of the bridges look too much like strat bridges. I find those semi-uncomfortable. Are the ones on the 350dx more like the tonepros on the Schecters?
Quote by nolifeXD
I'm already at college and I'e been looking on Craigslist although kijiji is new to me. I'll have to take a look at that. And I liked the ibanez guitars, but some of the bridges look too much like strat bridges. I find those semi-uncomfortable. Are the ones on the 350dx more like the tonepros on the Schecters?

Sry I missed the part about fixed bridge. Other than that, there aren't too many fixed bridge Ibanezes in that price range that are good quality as far as I know. The rg421 suggested before is really the only one. If you do choose to block the trem though, all it takes is a little piece of wood behind the bridge on the back of the guitar, tighten the springs and you're set.
It's totally fine. I'll take a close look at the RG241. Any other suggestions that are in my price range? I'm certainly not limited to Ibanez. I was also considering ESP LTD and Washburn, but I just simply don't know enough about them to even begin looking through them all.
I went and tried out some Ibanez guitars and the GIbraltar bridges aren't as uncomfortable as I thought, but still aren't as comfortable as the TonePros bridges that Schecter has. I can't seem to find a good C1 Classic deal, but that guitar looks like exactly what I want. Any suggestions similar to that?
I use a carvin DC135 for college and a PRS CE 24 for home. Shows how weird i am

I'd look at a HSS guitar for college, or something with good coil taps. PRS SE series are worth a look in i'd say, used probably of course. But have a look around in local stores and stuff, you might pick up something from a brand you don't know at all well and play it and think its gold and love it for college. There are so many options for a college guitar, and i'd say a HH with taps or a HSS. Just don't get something too dark or muddy imo.
Well at this point, I've looked at a bunch and I know that HSH is impractical. Damn near impossible to find a high quality one for a low price. Now I'm looking at getting a cheap Schecter like either a used C1 or XXX if I can and then slapping some JB/s into it. Would that be worth it? Or would the pickups not make enough of a difference?
Quote by Pac_man0123
He has a vypyr 30 and he's in college... why does he need a new amp?

Oh, I only scrolled down far enough to see the 15w frontman.

nah, your amp is fine.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Yeah, my amp situation is plenty ok, thanks. I think I'm now looking towards getting the Classic C-1. I'm not sure I like how it looks, but as far as hardware goes, it looks fantastic. I'll probably be trying one out soon.