I'm probably getting a Bugera V22 after xmas. Its stripped down and simple, just the way i like it
The only turn off its that the footswitch switch channels, and engage reverb. I'd like it to engage the onbard boost instead, is there any easy mods to do it? I'm cool with soldering, I did some in my science class, no big deal.
Last edited by n1ckn1ce at Nov 20, 2011,
buy a TS type pedal. even the Bad Monkey works good for this and is cheap. I dont think you can mod the pedal for a boost.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The V22 already have an onboard boost, so i was wondering if i could mod the footswitch so it will engage the boost instead of the reverb.
I've got a V22, the boost is a mid boost, not a volume or gain boost. Still a nice amp for the price though.
It can definitely be done. You'll have to mess with the board a bit and move some things around, but it shouldn't be too difficult. A schematic would help us show you how to do it.
Quote by n1ckn1ce
I'm probably getting a Bugera V22 after xmas. Its stripped down and simple, just the way i like it
The only turn off its that the footswitch switch channels, and engage reverb. I'd like it to engage the onbard boost instead, is there any easy mods to do it? I'm cool with soldering, I did some in my science class, no big deal.

I just designed and installed a footswitchable mid-boost on my V22. I was thinking of doing this for a long time, but decided to hold off as I wasn't sure I would be keeping the amp. I went through around 6 or 7 amps while owning the V22, and nothing so far has been able to dislodge it as my main gigging amp. Hence I finally decided to do the footswitch mod so that I could control the awesome mid-boost feature during live shows.

The footswitch I designed actually has two buttons, one switches channels and the other engages the mid-boost. There are indicator LED's on the footswitch, and 15' of control cable. The unit is powered by a 9-volt power supply that is installed inside the amp chassis, along with another small box containing two control relays that actually do the switching when you push the buttons on the footswitch. The system is properly grounded, and there is no hum introduced by the mod. Pushing the buttons on the footswitch does exactly the same thing as pushing the buttons on the amp's front panel, and you can use both sets of controls simultaneously.

You can also use the Bugera footswitch at the same time if you want to control the reverb, because the two footswitches do not interfere with each other. I decided to put channel switching on my footswitch because I usually don't switch the reverb on and off during live shows anyway. So far it's working great! Very nice to have the mid-boost capability under footswitch control at live shows!
Attachments:
IMG_4918b_medium.JPG
IMG_4915b_small2.JPG
IMG_4916b_small2.JPG