Hello UG friends, i am looking for an amp and these 2 are my options, i want it for playing from metal to jazz maybe with some pedals, i liked the reviews of the marshall c5, but aparently it has not much clean tones and for this reason i am considering the vox, what do you think?? can i use the vox to play metal with some pedals?,how is the class 5 loud in clean??
If clean is a must, the AC15 is awesome. The tremolo and reverb sweeten the deal a bit too. I walked into the vault at the Guitar Center by my place about a year ago and this dude was jammin out to some Pantera on an AC15C1. Ridiculous!

I don't have much experience with the C5 so sorry there. Have you plugged into a Blues Jr? Just a thought.
The Class 5 doesn't have much clean headroom, but the cleans are pretty bad anyway. It won't do metal without some help from pedals, either. I'm not sure the VR is a great choice for metal - you'd probably be better off looking for a Vypyr if you're concerned about metal tones and clean headroom. Neither of the amps you listed offer either one of those things as their strong suit.
I'm going to agree with Roc8995 - neither one is good for what you want.

What is your budget and where are you located?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
hi ug friends, thanks for your answers!! i am located in Honduras so i am going to buy it throught internet ! and my budget is aroun 500 dollars, so the expensive part is shipin
Depends on how good the pedal is. I wouldn't bother though, with your budget. You'd be better off buying something more suited to what you want right off the bat.

The Vypyr would be a good choice. Do you have any sites that you can order off of, so we can see what is available to you, and how much things cost relatively?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
What site are you ordering from?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
the combo version has tube driven spring reverb, the half stack doesn´t have it(but it looks nicer in apareeance)...i have that dilemma now between function(ugly combo with spring reverb) or form(nice half stack without spring reverb) .the jet city amp looks more versatile than my original options.
Last edited by richjguitar at Dec 13, 2011,