Page 1 of 2
A friend and I were joking around today about how we would both love to move out (we're both minors), but the more we talked about it, the more we realized we really want to. So, now we're seriously considering it.

I was just wondering if anyone else in the pit has considered this, or has done this. Or just anyone's opinion on the matter.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Living on your own is expensive, do you make enough money to support yourself? If you're under 18 I doubt it.
I'm 19 and I don't live on my own and it's awesome. And i'm saving up a bunch of money for when I decide to live on my own.

You should do this.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Nah if you have a job go for it! I moved out and lived on my own when i was 17. It was pretty awesome!
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Chances are it'll end up horribly, especially since this sounds like an idea you and your bud came up with on a whim.
You know what you should do is just get on your bikes and just go. Just go, go and... and start a business.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by due 07
Chances are it'll end up horribly, especially since this sounds like an idea you and your bud came up with on a whim.

Haha, I know I made it sound like that, but we really do want to.

And as far as money, like someone mentioned, we both have steady jobs (minimum wage of course), and we figured we'd rent a place together to save money. (I don't know if that was implied or not).

If you have the money why not try it out. You can always come home... right?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Epicbizzjizz

And as far as money, like someone mentioned, we both have steady jobs (minimum wage of course), and we figured we'd rent a place together to save money. (I don't know if that was implied or not).

Ah, fuck it. It probably will still end horribly, but why not at least try? If you think you have necessary means to do so, go for it. Make sure you guys both leave on good terms with your parents, though.
Who's going to buy all the furniture and white goods? Who's going to cook and who's going to wash up every night? Who's going to wash all the clothes, mow the lawns and most importantly, how are you going to pay for, food, rent and all the utilities?

Stay at home as ling as you can, enjoy not having many responsibilities.
The novelty of being on your own wears off pretty quickly.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quick, name everything you need to make chocolate chip pancakes.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Dont do it....firstly, the novely wears off really quickly, secondly, youll need some sort of decent income (McDonald's does not count if you want to be comfortable) and dont go it alone, youll go insane
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
if you can make it cheap (ex: not buying furniture etc.) then go for it, you have one life and you gotta live it to the fullest. I did it myself (17) and enjoyed the experience. I'm however back at my parent's house since well, i enjoyed it too much. Should've worked harder at school but eh, my bad. Great self-discipline is the key.
Rainy Afternoon
Dark Punk Piece
Dead On The Sand
C4C
Member Of Paradox Empire (Singer/Guitarist).
Quote by T.s.e
Assholes aren't really more successful, it's just that they yell the loudest, therefore you notice them more than the nice people.
Last edited by ParadoxEmpire at Nov 21, 2011,
its true the novelty of living on your own wears off, but if you stay civil with your mates, you create your own family of sorts. If you plan on going to school put it off until then. I moved out last year, and when i redid by budget i found work 20 hours a week wouldnt be able to keep me out of debt if I was living on my own and paying tuition for university ((10,000$/year aprox) not including books :p) I moved back and as of May ill be good to finish this degree debt free.

Then of course i throw away that hand and will most likely go in debt for my masters
Everyone always makes threads about risks or cool things there going to do and they get flamed and I always wonder if they did it and how it went so TS please do it and please make a thread about it.
Quote by Epicbizzjizz

Do you understand how much it costs to live?

I dont know where you live so I'm going to throw out numbers from my place.

around 600 dollars a month rent
around 100 dollars a month electricity
50 or so dollars for water
100 for cable and internet ( very basic cable very slow internet)
50 dollar phone

so your looking at 900 dollars a month.

450 a piece.

Thats not counting your groceries
your getting back and forth to school/work
your actually spending money on you money

I'm guessing your still students so your only allowed to work 20 hrs a week. Whats minimum wage now? 7.15?

thats $143 dollars a week
$572 a month BEFORE taxes
So say 500 a month.

I highly doubt you make enough sorry buddy
Quote by Jawlytomtom
Everyone always makes threads about risks or cool things there going to do and they get flamed and I always wonder if they did it and how it went so TS please do it and please make a thread about it.

Haha, well if we did, it'd be around May or June. We're not complete idiots, we are gonna save up some money first.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
your actually spending money on you money

wat
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Ah, k.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
OP, I moved out when I was 17. Lied about my age to an apartment manager who didn't care enough to check. I think what these folks are saying is quite right; it is so much more expensive than is readily apparent when you're just in the "planning" stage.

Most folks can plan/prepare for rent, utilities, tanks of fuel, and some kind of food budget, but it's never enough and you can't know that until it's really too late.

A much better idea might be to continue working very hard now and save up as much money as you can while you can. Save as much as you can for as long as you can. Then when you do move out (and at some point, you should. You need to have that life experience), hopefully you never need to deplete all of that savings. But it's immensely comforting knowing that it's there.
Quote by blacksabbath8
Quote by Venice King
Is vampiric a genius or just mad?

...both?
you might have trouble finding a place and securing utilities because of your age. Most will not rent to young tennants and water, electric and phone will give you a lot of crap and ask for a HUGE security deposit. going to be harder than you think.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
my broseph he's 16 lives in a garage apartment near his parents with his cousin

that is all i have that i at all relevant

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by bradulator
I'm 19 and I don't live on my own and it's awesome. And i'm saving up a bunch of money for when I decide to live on my own.

You should do this.

Same

Do this
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Here's the deal. Even if you had enough money, the chances you aren't going find a good place or place at being underage. You most likely don't have any credit or landlord references. The chances of you actually finding a place are really really slim. I work as maintenance guy on a property and live there. The only reason I was lucky enough to get my apt was because I work there. I didn't have any credit or Landlord references, so normally I won't be able to get this apartment. You have to be aware of these things, and the expense of everything.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by metharian

Then of course i throw away that hand and will most likely go in debt for my masters

At least you will not be wasting your time and money. For me some of the advantages of living alone s a young adult are that you have more freedom and you have opportunity to make your own life, you spend your time doing whatever you want and you can make your own rules, your life-rules, like a schedule about what you are going to do. Talking about debt, the reason why many of us are going through debt problems is because we don't understand the nature of debt, it is important to understand the debt cycle. The debt cycle starts when you begin to outspend your income for one of many different reasons—ignorance, carelessness, compulsiveness, pride, or necessity. You know it's wrong, but you do it anyway, telling yourself “It's just this once.” Just as people are beginning to get even more irritated about the supposed “cycle of debt” that payday cash advances create, a brand new study was released by Arkansas Tech University Professor Marc Anthony Fusaro. In his research, he learned that the “cycle of debt” is not produced with high interest rates. This is just a little bit of proof that payday cash advances are a reputable product for people in crisis situations. Find out more at: . This debt cycle can continue for only so long. Soon, you can't get any more credit, and just the interest becomes more than you can pay each month. You have lost your money, your sense of self-worth, and your good credit history.
Whoa... that's a good ass adbot. At least I think so. I'm not sure enough to report...
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Last edited by teachmeviolence at Jan 23, 2012,
Quote by dmiwshicldply
You're young so I'll cut you some slack...

Don't do it.

Let your mom wash your clothes do your cooking pay your bills while you can. The real world comes knocking soon enough don't rush it.

This.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I would myself but I still depend on them financially (it's hypocritical and pathetic for me to accept their financial support and to be living with them, but it's not like I have a choice) and legally I still need their permission for everything.
i'm 20 and i'm stuck living at home again because i was too eager to get out of my house and went to college where i just drank and smoked pot and spent all my student loan refund.

i honestly wouldn't mind living at home if we lived anywhere near civilization. this place sucks. north west Jersey sucks. there ain't shit to do here. on top of that, no one seems to want to hire me, let alone give me the time for an interview.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
anerzianL: best. adbot. ever.

9/10

two thumbs up

adbot of the year

"Holy shit this guy's good" - Roger Ebert

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I don't see why not just as long as your parents give you lots of support.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by Xiaoxi
anerzianL: best. adbot. ever.

9/10

two thumbs up

adbot of the year

"Holy shit this guy's good" - Roger Ebert

Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
The novelty of being on your own wears off pretty quickly.

True, but the horror of living under your parent's roof again only grows bigger, the longer you're away.
Woah someone pulled the revive on this thread.

I plan on mooching off my parents enough so that I can save up some extra money
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Page 1 of 2