Hey guys, looking at getting an overdrive. My gear consists of the guitars listed in my signiture along with an engl e670 SE with el34 tubes and 240w engl vintage 30 cabinet. I know Klon make the best overdrive but they are going for circa $1,000us second hand and aren't made anymore. What are the best overdrive pedals available to buy new that compare to the Klon? Any budget really. How do they compare? I play alot of metal like metallica, megadeth, etc. Thanks heaps in advance.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Klone.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I am from Pakistan i don't about best guitar can you guide me which one is best for my son his age is 7 year i wish my son appear is the future as a best singer.
I which one is best for his learn in this period.
Quote by music420
I am from Pakistan i don't about best guitar can you guide me which one is best for my son his age is 7 year i wish my son appear is the future as a best singer.

create your own thread.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
create your own thread.

**** that, he had the balls to come in here and make this thread his bitch.

this is now the Pakistani beginners thread.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
**** that, he had the balls to come in here and make this thread his bitch.

this is now the Pakistani beginners thread.

He also needs a new Klon
Quote by music420

He needs a Klon.

TS, you need a Klone.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
@Eppicurt: win.

@Paki dude: um, singers don't need OD pedals. nice thread-jack though. working your way up to airplanes?

@TS: what everyone is saying here is get off the fvckin' klon bandwagon. $ aside, I've had great results with the DLS for a 'marshally' OD, the T-Rex batio OD for a smoother TS type, and the Radial Tonebone Classic for darker OD. If you really want to burn your cash, try a Mesa V-Twin... haven't heard of anyone using it not like it... then again, maybe for the price they paid they just can't admit it (*coughkloncough*).

and if you come back with some clay jones bullshit, I will hit you with a rock.
Quote by Guitarbaddie
What you really need is a new Klon

Are they available brand new? I read that Klon are making an updated version but have no idea when it will be out. The Klon's on Ebay are fetching MEGA dollars, in excess of $1,000US...
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Quote by Megadeth09
Are they available brand new? I read that Klon are making an updated version but have no idea when it will be out. The Klon's on Ebay are fetching MEGA dollars, in excess of $1,000US...

Only if you go through their custom custom shop.

Pray to the Greek gods, they'll give you the contact details.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Only if you go through their custom custom shop.

Pray to the Greek gods, they'll give you the contact details.

Any leads? Lol. There was word on the follow up from Klon back in July but nothing since...
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Quote by GrisKy
jeez, are we back to where no one on UG can take a friggin' joke?

We don't take kindly to racism around har.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Nov 21, 2011,
Quote by GrisKy
jeez, are we back to where no one on UG can take a friggin' joke?

You sound like a teenager making a rape joke- "It's just a joke, guiz. Lighten up."

TS, try an OCD.
Quote by Megadeth09

all jokes aside, TS, get with the fvcking program. Go back and re-read my post. OCD is also a good suggestion.
Quote by GrisKy
LOL, dead babies

What the hell man?
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by GrisKy

all jokes aside, TS, get with the fvcking program. Go back and re-read my post. OCD is also a good suggestion.

Thanks bro, will definitely check them out.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Lol!

Trollers everywhere...

If you can't afford a Klon like me, you can get yourself a nice Fulltone OCD or a Marshall Jackhammer that is cheaper.

I'm selling my Jackhammer to buy a OCD. Best non-Klon ever.
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
Custom WG Cab with 2x12 Eminence Swamp Thang

Line 6 POD HD500