http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSBsEP3Gi3I

a vid of me playing my latest prog composition. really pushed my experimental-ness on this one

remember to LIKE, COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE
and i do c4c, so don't forget to request- i listen to all kinds of music so don't be shy

-Nabhan

(also like my prog band's page on facebook if you liked this song, we'll probably be recording it properly soon, and have some other demos up)

http://www.facebook.com/Fifth.River
Cool song! I like it! =)

Dont know how to criticize it really, it's all cool.

Maybe you could mix it abit better? The drums are abit blurred away if you know what I mean? =)
The recording quality isn't terrific, but the song writing is very good. I thought the small solo section at 1:20 was a really nice touch!

The fast chug section at 2:57 was a bit sloppy, but I liked it nonetheless.

A well constructed piece of music!
I don't know if it's the recording quality, the choice of instrumentation, the choice of chord progression, or just the choice of notes in general - this has some very strange vibe to it that I can't put my finger on. The title is very apt.

There were a few measures in the chugging section that seemed to skip sixteenth notes. I'm sure this is on purpose (obviously, it's progressive!) and it's a very interesting touch to an otherwise straightforward rhythm.
thanks guys
yeh the chug section that "skips sixteenth notes" is actually a polyrhythm in 7/8 while the snare and crash drums are in 4/4. trying to create that proggy, mind**** meshuggah effect haha
Really nice heavy track from the onset. I like the tone you are using, very clean and nice amount of gain. Some of the riffing sort of reminds me of Dark Tranquility (a track named Punish my Heaven comes to mind). I really like the chord progression you put together after the clean break, with the frantic pace that starts up at 1:45. The solo here is very fitting. Nice use of machine gunning around the 3 minute mark, very nice timing.

This is really a good track. It's thought out and engaging to listen to. The guitar playing, especially rhythm is great. For a couple of suggestions, I think a few of the midi sounds could have been a little better. If you have a way to get your hands on software like Reason, there are some really nice samples in there. Also, don't be afraid to let loose a bit with some leads! Go crazy as long as its tasteful, haha.

Great stuff here, keep up the good work I think you are very talented!
Quote by naybnbyuwn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSBsEP3Gi3I

a vid of me playing my latest prog composition. really pushed my experimental-ness on this one

remember to LIKE, COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE
and i do c4c, so don't forget to request- i listen to all kinds of music so don't be shy

-Nabhan

(also like my prog band's page on facebook if you liked this song, we'll probably be recording it properly soon, and have some other demos up)

http://www.facebook.com/Fifth.River

Good stuff dude, you have some dissonatt sounding things there, that sound scary in a good way. What did you use to make this? Thanks for following!
Hey thanks for the crit man.

This song makes it seem like you know about music, the timings really are wierd. I'm not a metal fan but I can apprectiate you've got some cool riffs in there and I really liked the lead. Keep it up
Awesome dude, the song writing is really awesome. It kept my attention the whole time, very cool stuff. The quality could be better, but i still like the overall sound to it. I'm a big fan of crazy time signatures. Also your guitar playing is very good. Other than that it was great!

And thanks for the crit.
I think this was great. Lead was very interesting. Chord choices were good and playing was spot on. Loved the transition at 1:20. Very nice. The tone may have a bit too much treble to my ears (for when you play chords), but I do like it. The structure was one of the most interesting things to me. I'd love to hear this with real instruments backing you.

Thanks for the crit!
Thanks for the comment on my song. Sorry it took so long to reply; I didn't have internet access for while.

Just got done listening to Mars 2.0. Overall I liked it. My only criticisms would be that to my ears it did at times seem kind of fuzzy, but I'm no "mixing guru" by any standard really. Also not the biggest fan of glockenspiel-sounding instrument at the beginning, would have preferred it without, but that's a matter of personal taste. Overall I quite liked it. I dug the solos as well as the progression around 1:30, and the underlying keyboard parts throughout as well.
Last edited by MrDo0m at Dec 4, 2011,
Thanks for commenting on my song

Some nice and interesting polyrhythms going on here I can definetly hear some meshugga influences and your guitar work is pretty smick

Much better than most stuff that is going around, the chord progression gives the song an eerie dark feel.

Although, the overall mixx is not that great and i do think you should spend some time and effort focusing on that
thanks dudes!
yeh i really need to focus on my music production skills, i can never seem to get the right mix to make it sound clean
Pretty good song composition-wise. The keyboard in the intro's really cool and riffs are generally quite interesting. I'll have to say that the song started to wind down a bit in the second half, the song just became less interesting, the outro was good though, and I think vocals would make the song fine.

I think you know that the production isn't great, but at least the playing is clear.

Nice one though, keep it up