Yeah.. i was gonna buy that jcm 800 i made a thread about but unfortunatly it's far away and i missed my chance by one day to test it out / buy it. So i'm making this thread to see if anyone can tell me things i need to know.

Basically i need a few suggestions, i want an amp that can still be fairly clean at really high volume so headroom is important. I dislike the way my fuzzes get too mushed when there's too much distortion going on. By 'high volume' i mean to get over a loud as hell drummer with ease.

Budget is about £800 or so, maybe a bit more but i don't really want to spend that much more. I'm not planning on making a decision urgently so this is more for me to decide amps to look into and understand exactly what i'm after.
I've seen a few JMPs on ebay and such but i don't know if that's what i'd be wanting and they're all out of the price range unfortunately so far. So i have no problem going used or anything. I'm in England too btw as the '£' suggests.

Edit: oh yeah, genres and such. I do kyussy stuff, black keys, white stripes, all that stuff with fuzzy goodness and a big low end sound is important to me. I do like good amp distortion but my main concern is getting something suitable.
edit: Should mention i'm planning on buying a head, i currently have a cab, which is a marshall 1936 2x12 , each speaker is 75 w as far as i know. (G12T75)s.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Nov 21, 2011,
Quote by TheQuailman
Got a cab already? If yes, what model/speakers?

Oh yeah, its a marshall '1936 lead' cab, which has 2 'G12T75' speakers as stock i believe, which are each 75w. So yes i'm planning on getting a head only, added that to OP now.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Nov 21, 2011,
You can buy my Mesa F-30 off me if you like?
TC Ellis Custom Series 2
Gibson Les Paul Studio Platinum edition

Korg Pitchblack, Vox V847 wah
Blackstar HT40
A GT-1 or a 1224 should pop up at £800.

However, you aren't ever going to get headroom with a Matamp. There's a silver face bassman on Musicradar for pretty cheap right now.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
A GT-1 or a 1224 should pop up at £800.

However, you aren't ever going to get headroom with a Matamp. There's a silver face bassman on Musicradar for pretty cheap right now.

Ain't found the one on music radar, though there's one on ebay within the budget even with shipping. Thing is, i have little experience with a lot of other amps. That could be what i'm looking for though, i assume that would definately get me the low end in the sound.
Thanks for the posts man, i'm still considering a few things. Gonna look around here to try stuff out soon i think. By the sounds of it though i'm looking for something maybe like that bassman, something with a good amount of low end power and still enough headroom to take fuzzes at high volume.