Hey guys,

Is it possible to power all my pedals with the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus?

I have TU-2 > Crybaby Classic > Whammy (is not powered by the voodoo lab) > TS-9 > SD-1 in line and

MXR M-133 > TR-2 > EVH Phaser > CH-2 > DL4 > Volume pedal in effects loop.

Need tips of how to do it if I can...

Thanks!
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
Custom WG Cab with 2x12 Eminence Swamp Thang

Line 6 POD HD500
Last edited by heliosneto at Dec 17, 2011,
tu-2, yes
crybaby, yes
ts-9, yes
jackhammer, yes
mxr 10 band, it's 18 volt so you will have to combine two 9v slots. but yes.
mxr m-133, believe so.
tr-2, yes
ch-2, yes
dl4, this one i've never came across so i do not know, sorry. but if it's a standard 18/9v power input you should be allright.

But the thing is, the voodoo labs power supply only has 8 outlets, and to power all of these it would take 10, 11 if the dl4 is an 18v.
But(assuming the dl4 is a 9v) if you powered the mxr 10 band eq with a separate power supply, then it would power all the other pedals very nicely.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Yes, you can run everything on it. You'll need to use one of the high mA outputs, flip a dip switch, and use a different power cable (they used to come with one, if not, they're cheap - it's the one with the red tip) for the DL4. As mentioned above you'll need to use a Y-cable and two outlets to power your 18V mxr. I'm fairly certain the Y-cable doesn't come with the PP2+, you'll have to buy one of those. That leaves you with 5 more outlets to power the rest. I'd put the Tuner, phaser, and tremolo on a daisy chain (definitely comes with the PP2+) and give the rest of the pedals their own outlet.
check out the mxr403 as well.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
I only need to power:

TU-2 - 9v
Crybaby - 9v
TS-9 - 9v
Jackhammer - 9v
MXR M-133 - 9v
TR-2 - 9v
CH-2 - 9v
Phaser - 9v

The DL4 is the reason I've bought the Voodoo Labs... THe Dl4 can only be powered by a Line6 power supply or by the Voodoo Labs. It will use a special cable and a 9v slot.

So I will use NINE 9v slots... Will I still be able to power them all?

The MXR 10 Band Eq uses 18v power, can I power it with Voodoo Labs?
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Line 6 POD HD500
It may sound very newb... but what is a "daisy chain"?
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Line 6 POD HD500
you need to make or buy an adapter cable for 18v.

a daisy chain is where you run multiple pedals off of one output.

Quote by AcousticMirror
you need to make or buy an adapter cable for 18v.

a daisy chain is where you run multiple pedals off of one output.

and how do I do that? (daisy chain)
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Line 6 POD HD500

That's a daisy chain, one comes in the box with the PP2+. It only takes one plug on the PP2+ but lets you plug a whole bunch of pedals into it. You have to be careful about how much current they each draw, and about ground loops between those pedals, which is why I suggested the tuner, trem, and phaser be on the chain. They're unlikely to interact with each other. You don't want to be putting all your OD or EQ pedals on a chain, they'll get noisy.
Quote by Roc8995

That's a daisy chain, one comes in the box with the PP2+. It only takes one plug on the PP2+ but lets you plug a whole bunch of pedals into it. You have to be careful about how much current they each draw, and about ground loops between those pedals, which is why I suggested the tuner, trem, and phaser be on the chain. They're unlikely to interact with each other. You don't want to be putting all your OD or EQ pedals on a chain, they'll get noisy.

Thanks!

One last question... I will be able to chose how much current I want in each slot?

On the manual says that each slot have it maximum current.. as follow:

1-4 (ACA) 9V 100mA
5-6 (L6) 9V 250mA
7-8 (SAG) 9V 100m

I cannot exceed the mAs right?
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Line 6 POD HD500
you don't need to choose it those are just the maximums.

Right, there's no choosing unless you're forced to use one for some reason. That's not the case with any of your pedals except the DL4, which will work just fine off those high mA outlets (The L6 designation on the outlet stands for Line 6). The rest of your pedals can be plugged into any of those outlets and they'll work.

You can find power draw for a lot of pedals here:
http://stinkfoot.se/power-list
As you'll notice, most pedals don't draw anywhere near 100mA of power. Digital pedals suck up a lot of juice, ODs and wahs use almost none.
Quote by Roc8995
Right, there's no choosing unless you're forced to use one for some reason. That's not the case with any of your pedals except the DL4, which will work just fine off those high mA outlets (The L6 designation on the outlet stands for Line 6). The rest of your pedals can be plugged into any of those outlets and they'll work.

You can find power draw for a lot of pedals here:
http://stinkfoot.se/power-list
As you'll notice, most pedals don't draw anywhere near 100mA of power. Digital pedals suck up a lot of juice, ODs and wahs use almost none.

Thank you!

You guys really helped me out this time.
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Line 6 POD HD500
Ok guys.

I finally took the time to put everthing together with my new case and everything else. After spending almost 3 hours making cables and putting them through I was set to turn the thing on and see the results.

I am devasted. I can't tolerate this noise.

When I turn only the Line that goes through tuner > whammy > tubescreamer > sd1 (yea, my wah broke and my jackhammer was sold) I got a very low level of noise. Acceptable.

But when I turn the Effects Loop on I got A LOT OF NOISE. I can't stand it...

Please, help me find out why I have such amount of noise in my chain...

I will start telling you how de Voodoo Labs is powering:

1 - Boss SD1
2 - Tubescreamer
3 - Tuner
4 - Booster
5 - Wah
6 - Line 6
7 - Daisy chain cable (very, very old cable) powering CH-1, TR-2 and EVH Phaser
8 - EMPTY

My first guess is that daisy chain cable.

The second possible explanation is that I'm using a "jack" box that I've bought today with a cable with a JACK INPUT (the same one of the guitar) and with a P10 input on the other end (the same one of a normal cable). Maybe there is something wrong with this... I really don't know. But I use the same system on the LINE chain and there is no problem at all. The soldering in both boxes are perfect, it should't be the problem.

And my last possible explanation is that with this amount of pedals (I got 11 at total) is impossible to put them all together without adding a NOISE GATE to the end of my chain. I've read lots of things about it... And If that is trully the case, I just have to get one of those for me. Sad, but it would be needed.

Can you guys help me out once again? I'm kinda desperate here... I've put a huge amount of time and money in this and can't get it right properly.
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Line 6 POD HD500
Last edited by heliosneto at Dec 17, 2011,
I bet it's not a power issue at all. Some pedals just really don't like being in the loop, they can't handle the extra signal. I'd put each of your loop pedals on their own outlet and add them to the effects loop one at a time until the offender shows up. Then try the whole loop without that pedal. Hopefully it will be quiet, and you can put that pedal in front of the amp.

You did change the dip switches to get the right power to the line 6, right?
Quote by Roc8995
I bet it's not a power issue at all. Some pedals just really don't like being in the loop, they can't handle the extra signal. I'd put each of your loop pedals on their own outlet and add them to the effects loop one at a time until the offender shows up. Then try the whole loop without that pedal. Hopefully it will be quiet, and you can put that pedal in front of the amp.

You did change the dip switches to get the right power to the line 6, right?

Well... from what I know, I've used all those pedals in the loop... Except for the Phaser. I will try adding without him.

I dindn't change anything to power the line 6. Just plugged the red cable. Am I doing it right?
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Line 6 POD HD500
I don't think so. Check the manual - I'm fairly certain you need to flip one of the dip switches on the PP2 to power a DL4.