Hello,

I am going to make my garage into a Rehearsing Studio (and for cheap demos, but that is not important now) and I think I am going to cover the walls with this:

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/Pro-Audio/Studio-setup-/-acoustics/Music-Store-Acoustic-Foam-100-x-100-cm-depth-40mm/art-REC0004099-000

But I have seen people covering 100% walls, ceiling and even floor with that stuff, while I think it is only necessary to do it on some parts of it. For instance, I would put one or two up together and leave a little space between them en then put the next one up. That way I do not spend as much money and I have a damping sound that doesn´t completely kill the room, while I get rit of echo.

Would this be correct? Or would it be wrong?
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Definitely depends on what you're going for. If you had the resources you could totally cover your place wall to wall in this, and get a really dead room (which is great for many uses), but keep in mind sometimes it's good to have a room that does give off a bit of ambience...

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION yeah what you're looking to do is a great start. I'd recommend putting some up on wheels so you can have baffles that you can move around to suit your need
Quote by scimitar_255
Definitely depends on what you're going for. If you had the resources you could totally cover your place wall to wall in this, and get a really dead room (which is great for many uses), but keep in mind sometimes it's good to have a room that does give off a bit of ambience...

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION yeah what you're looking to do is a great start. I'd recommend putting some up on wheels so you can have baffles that you can move around to suit your need

I got that last part covered

So, if I glued it up like I want to, I get a slight ambience but not echo, which is what I am going for I guess. A complete dead room is a bit... dull. And it would cost me 200% more to do that! Haha

But do you think I would ever regret it, in any case? Because gluing it up is not that easy to remove again...
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
I would advise getting deeper foam. The thicker you get the lower the frequencies it will affect. That stuff looks pretty thin and probably won't do as much as you're wanting.

If you've got bass and drums going in there you might even want to look into putting some sizable bass traps in the corners.

You're right, don't cover the whole room. Maybe glue it to thin sheets of plywood so you can move them around and make them more versatile.
I agree with Sandyman.

Here is my thread on room treatment that might give you a few ideas....

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485861

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.