Hi guys, I assume this is the correct forum for this.

I was wondering what the best but cheapest/free method of recording would be for making YouTube videos.

At the moment I have something called the Debut Video Capture Software, and it does the job, but because I haven't paid for it, I can't record in MPEG. I also can't find a good freeware software to convert the .wmv to .mpg.

Am I going by it the wrong way? 'Cause these videos are still very low quality.

What is the best way to make videos?
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
I'm not a master with recording youtube videos, but if the quality (of the video) of Debut is sufficient then you could be absolutely fine with the method you are doing. If the quality of the video is poor then find a better piece of software or potentially improve your WebCam/Camera. If the sound is the issue then 9 times out of 10 it is the microphone or recording kit and not the software. But if it makes you happy try other less sophisticated software (i.e. audacity and see how it sounds there). With .mpg problem, there isnt really a work around (minus looking harder... theres bound to be one out there) except use .mp4 or .avi or even stick with wmv. Most major converters (even YouTube Downloader) adopt conversions of these files.

Also dont be afraid to pay for software, if you like it then its worth it.
The problem I had with .avi or .wmv is that the videos go out of sync with the sound when you upload them. Whereas that doesn't happen with .mpg.

I'll try getting a new mic. Thanks a lot.
Also, only problem with paying is that I'm a poor ass student at the moment, hah. So I can't really afford anything.

If I were to buy one though, what would you recommend?
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
like i said I'm relatively uneducated with video recording but theres plenty of good programs out there. I must admit Debut isn't one I hear much about, but I really cant say except try out a few demos of the cheaper softwares. Equate the one that sounds/looks the best, cheapest and easy to use (preferably judge in that order too!)
Heya.

I use Debut to record my audio and video. if i need to remix the audio, then i rip it out and do it in audacity.

You can then a free conversion utility to get your video into a proper format so it doesn't desync. i had the same problem with desyncing when i would record in wmv.

goldmine of info regarding converting video formats: http://www.videohelp.com/convert

Good Luck
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Hi guys, I assume this is the correct forum for this.

I was wondering what the best but cheapest/free method of recording would be for making YouTube videos.

At the moment I have something called the Debut Video Capture Software, and it does the job, but because I haven't paid for it, I can't record in MPEG. I also can't find a good freeware software to convert the .wmv to .mpg.

Am I going by it the wrong way? 'Cause these videos are still very low quality.

What is the best way to make videos?

Try the any video converter program, its free and awesome.