Is there a computer program or software that can decipher music into a tab or sheet music?
Quote by behind_you
Ostrich thread would've been much better.

Quote by JustRooster
Alright, alright. Whatever. Here's what I'll do. I'm an evolutionary biology major. When I graduate I'll give her all my text books for your birthday. And I won't even get her pregnant.
Ooo Haha funny man, keep you day job.
Quote by behind_you
Ostrich thread would've been much better.

Quote by JustRooster
Alright, alright. Whatever. Here's what I'll do. I'm an evolutionary biology major. When I graduate I'll give her all my text books for your birthday. And I won't even get her pregnant.
Quote by Nemesis117
yes its called your ears.

so true.
Even if there were such wonder-software, you'll always be dependent on having ear practice to become a good musician.
Really, TS?
No, it is way too complicated, unless we're speaking about simple one instrument melodies.
Theres ways of picking a pitch up and a note or making a midi track (very different from auto tabbing). But as it stands no. Far too complicated and even if possible it is likely to be extremely inaccurate and would therefore require your ears to do the real hard work.
your best bet is using something like Transcribe!, which slows down the song to any percentage of its speed without changing its pitch, then use your ears and instrument (guitar) to work out the song, notating it yourself into whatever notation software you use (Guitar Pro, Sibelius etc). You can get Transcribe! from here http://www.seventhstring.com/index.html , you get a 30 day free trial or its $30 if you are dead serious about this.
Quote by Boer Goat
Ooo Haha funny man, keep you day job.

My apologies if i 'rattled your cage' a little, but my point still stands. Your best tools as a musician are your ears. Its bloody tedious working things out by ear but the more you do it the better you will get at it and it will train your ears to listen out for different sounds, making you a better musicians in the long run.
It also helps you to learn pieces easier, as going through them note by note really settles the music in your mind and means that you understand what is going on in the piece.

Out of curiosity what is this for exactly? Are you wanting to learn new songs that you cant find tabs for or do you have to submit a score for something and can't be bothered notating it all (lord knows that happens to me all the time)?
Last edited by Nemesis117 at Nov 21, 2011,