Hi everybody!
Please check out our band Empyrion. Instruments are male vocals, 2x guitars, bass, keyboards and drums. We recorded a promo EP shortly called "Mindshifter". Please leave a feedback and let me know what you think.
Greetings and thanks
Enjoy
Rado

Here is the link
EMPYRION @ MySpace

CAUTION: This is vicious music. Nothing for Bieber fans!
Last edited by laokoon at May 12, 2012,
This might sound harsh, but you should change the name of your band. It doesn't take a genius to figure you just took Satyricon and Emperor and put them together to get Empyrion.I feel like you guys would not get much respect taking two important black metal bands and kind of abusing their name like that, especially from the Norwegians (I would know, I am Norwegian and live in Norway) There are shit loads of bands trying to imitate Norwegian black metal bands, and this to me sounds a lot like Dimmu Borgir.

On a positive note, I think it was well performed, and there are some blazing fast riffs in there. You guys should also contemplate losing the keyboard

Anyway, that was what i think.

Sincerely
-a nerd
Thanks for the comment Dead Sea. Interesting theory about the bandname. That was absolutely not our intention to "tak[e] two important black metal bands and kind of abus[e] their name". Look instead here: Empyrion @ German Wikipedia. There is nothing about the Empyrion in English speaking sources though so I understand how you could come to your conclusion. I try to make a short translation: (Religion) "The Empyrion was cosmologically the highest part of the skies and was believed to be filled with the element of fire or Aether (Aristoteles; the teaching of four elements). In Christianity the Empyrion was considered the dwelling place of God and the Blessed. In this meaning the Empyrion is also mentioned in Dantes Divine Comedy. Empyrean Heaven ("Seventh heaven") is still being used in English." My English is not the best as is this translation but I hope it gives some insight about where the bandname was inspired from.
Last edited by laokoon at Nov 23, 2011,
PS: I have to add this: with all due respect to the Norwegian black metal bands and especially Dimmu Borgir, which I like very much, I do not consider Empyrion in any way to be one of the "shit loads of bands trying to imitate Norwegian black metal bands" and I believe everybody who listens carefully to ALL published songs will agree. This is a far to strong norwegianocentric view in my mind. Empyrion still is mainly death metal.
Gotta say thank you for the enlightenment about the name Empyrion, I kinda jumped to my conclusion rather quickly about the band name. No disrespect towards you or your band and it was defiantly not my intention to clump you guys into a category right off the bat, it was just my first impression at that moment in time.

So, thank you for the info and best of luck to your band

Sincerely
- a n e r d
Quote by Dead Sea
Gotta say thank you for the enlightenment about the name Empyrion, I kinda jumped to my conclusion rather quickly about the band name. No disrespect towards you or your band and it was defiantly not my intention to clump you guys into a category right off the bat, it was just my first impression at that moment in time.

So, thank you for the info and best of luck to your band

Sincerely
- a n e r d

Thanks man, we appreciate it. I have to admit that the song "Fragments" has a kind of a dimmu borgirish touch to it . The best of luck to you too and stay tuned if you should come to like our music
Greetz
Rado / Empyrion
I can see the Dimmu Borgir comparison in 'Fragments', but 'Infested' sounds nothing like Dimmu, and is much more tech-death-y than Fragments. Good stuff either way.
Quote by jetfuel495
I was trying to take a listen to your music but it seems that the myspace music player has some compatibility issues with firefox. It could just be that I'm at school, though.

Try getting a facebook page for your band as well, it's the new thing to do these days.

I have got no problems with myspace using the firefox browser. Try here, YT should be OK: EMPYRION @ YouTube
New song published. It is called Soundless Realm, it is the first in the player here . Enjoy, comments are appreciated...

Btw.: our drummer in studio action exactly here
Last edited by laokoon at Apr 21, 2012,
Quote by damage_inc07
Cool stuff, def a fan.

On the name thing however, there is already a band called Empyrium : http://www.empyrium.de/

Just a heads up.

We are glad that we have found a bandname which has some sense in it and is not used elsewhere in the metal scene. Afaik Empyrion is solely our name in metal. We know there are other similar band names like Empyrium, Empyrean etc., but no Empyrion. Many bands around the world have the same name like Astaroth or Brainstorm and so on and on. There is a lot of examples for this phenomenon. We were considering the name "Mindshifter" but that was taken, too. So we are glad with Empyrion.
New track "Tower" released here . Please check out and let me know if you like it or not. Our debut album will be released and available in nov. 2012.