I've recently bought a Peavey 6505, and as some of you will know there is a lot of feedback, and I play mainly metal so the gain is pretty high up. I'm going to get a noise reduction pedal, and I don't really know much about them. I would be looking for one as cheap as possible, as money is really tight at the moment. any suggestions?
Your gain shouldn't be that high up, anything above halfway on a 6505 is overkill

Anyway
there is the isp decimator, which also comes as a decimator g string which has an fx loop and than that can also come rackmount.

your cheapest option would be the boss ns-2

this has an fx loop and used can be had for under 100 bucks. you can also rig it so that it gates the noise before your amp and in the fx loop. i have used it before and it works pretty well!

alot of people say that the boss sucks tone but i never really noticed it that much and alot of big bands use them live just as much as isp's and they both sound great!
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Quote by travs2448
Your gain shouldn't be that high up, anything above halfway on a 6505 is overkill

Anyway
there is the isp decimator, which also comes as a decimator g string which has an fx loop and than that can also come rackmount.

your cheapest option would be the boss ns-2

this has an fx loop and used can be had for under 100 bucks. you can also rig it so that it gates the noise before your amp and in the fx loop. i have used it before and it works pretty well!

alot of people say that the boss sucks tone but i never really noticed it that much and alot of big bands use them live just as much as isp's and they both sound great!

Meh, I play mine with the gain at about 6. I started at 7 and have been slowly rolling it back since, but too low it doesn't sound br00tz enough

I use the Decimator G-string, works great, sounds great, isn't cheap.

But it's worth it.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
loli used to be like that when i used a 5150 but i found as i rolled it back a bit and stuck a ts9 in front it sounded better?

what kinda music you play?
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Quote by travs2448
loli used to be like that when i used a 5150 but i found as i rolled it back a bit and stuck a ts9 in front it sounded better?

what kinda music you play?

teh br00tz.

I'm selling it anyways and using my Mk IV. Sounds better and has better cleans IMO.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90