Later today I will be going out to try a Vypyr Tube 60 and a Sanpera II and my question is what should I be on the look out for? I know the standard turn everything, try everything, but what else should I look at? Are there any specific problems that might not be apparent at first glance?
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
As long as it works and doesn't sound like poo.

Make sure the pedal works mostly. And of course, make sure you can try the amp out.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Is it used? Like a classified deal?

yeah - just make sure everything works as it should.

The best thing you can do for yourself if you have not already is go read the user manual online at peavy.com (if you have not already). Knowing how to turn the effects on and off and green channel/red channel of the amp knob will just make your demo go smoother.

Good luck

I love mine! Report back ploix

If you need overall 'What Amp' help there is a sticky you can follow to help us help you.
The meeting/amp testing went very well and I am now the owner of a (almost new) used Vyper Tube 60 and Sanpera II. NAD to follow tomorrow! College amp acquired!
Quote by bAngiel01
The meeting/amp testing went very well and I am now the owner of a (almost new) used Vyper Tube 60 and Sanpera II. NAD to follow tomorrow! College amp acquired!

gratz
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I have another question. I'm trying to get my NAD together, but I want to update my amp first so I can see if it improves the noise gate at all (which I've read it does). However, I am having an agonizingly painful time updating the amp from 1.53 to 1.58/9. I'm using a Mac (but I've also tried a PC). I've tried everything. I'm using an E-MU X-Midi 1x1 cable, is that my problem? I've read other success stories using this cable on a Mac, but I've been everything but successful. Is it bad that the E-MU cable only has 5 prongs as opposed to 8?

Help?
No one?
Well, I searched far and wide over the forums and tried everything from every success story I read. I still can't get it to work. Thanks, though.
You need to use an 8 pin midi to usb cable, not a 5 pin one.

Also, you can adjust the noise gate manually, depending on the FW you have installed. Put the amp into tuner mode (hold the amp knob) and then turn the post gain knob to adjust the noise gate. You will know if it's been adjusted or not if the volume of the input while tuning changes.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
Okay. I read on the Peavey forums that someone had success with the exact same cable I already had, but I guess I'll just have to buy one. And I didn't know about the adjustable noise gate. I thought it was just a standard gate based on the amp.

Thank you!
Update: I switched the E-MU out for an M-Audio cable (still five pin, though), and the update was successful. I am now running 1.59, and after some testing and exploring, I will have my NAD up!
311, is there any way to find out what kind of features were added with each update. Like, a revised manual or something?
I honestly have no clue. I've never tried to do it. I bet if you email Peavey they will send you something. It may be documented on the peavey forums not sure. If you find something on it - post it or shoot it to me