We have most of our lectures in online format on the website.

And considering I live 1.5 hours from the university, I though that I could skip most of the lectures in live and study them at home, as long as I understand the material and don't need to ask any further questions and as long as those teachers don't care about attendance.

Good idea/bad idea?
I made a similar thread a long time ago.

Expect trolls

OT: Considering how far you live, it's understandable. Just try to show up when you can.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by Zeletros
We have most of our lectures in online format on the website.

And considering I live 1.5 hours from the university, I though that I could skip most of the lectures in live and study them at home, as long as I understand the material and don't need to ask any further questions and as long as those teachers don't care about attendance.

Good idea/bad idea?

How much does it cost per year?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Do that with some lectures. You'll need crazy good discpline to actually do it, though. Sometimes it's easier to follow the course if you're going to the courses. You can also socialize and ask questions IRL.

That is, if your uni doesn't do attendance.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Nov 21, 2011,
I studied well, so it's free for me as long as I pass all my exams.

Quote by behind_you
I made a similar thread a long time ago.

Expect trolls

OT: Considering how far you live, it's understandable. Just try to show up when you can.

I am defo showing up to lectures where the subject is difficult and where attendance is monitored.

And obviously I show up to practices.

Quote by Colgate Total
Most online material is just a skeleton of what the prof actually lectures.

Online lectures include sound and commentaries from the teachers, the exact same thing they speak on the lectures. At least, those that I don't plan to visit.
Last edited by Zeletros at Nov 21, 2011,
Summaries/powerpoint slides are no substitute for actually being in the lecture theatre while the lecturer bequeaths his wisdom unto your person, motherfucker

Learning the material yourself is obviously essential, but you also want the perspective of an expert. Just watching how they approach/solve problems can help you understand things much better. Also, they write the exams (they do here anyway).
I thought about doing this since all the lectures are webcast live. but I know I wouldn't concentrate if I stayed home.
imo it's better to go, unless you're completely sure you can handle it. Some lectures look really easy to follow and then the last 3 slides are full of mindfuck.
cat
It's best to go to get the full explanations, some slides may be abbreviated or not fully annotated and what the lecturer says is often key for understanding the slides.
Don't skip lectures.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

My attendance at Uni was never that great but the main problem about it was after missing a few lectures I would feel out of touch with the class and there are things you learn in lectures that may not be found on the lecture slides: assignments, deadlines and tips/advice etc.

I remember failing a piece of work in first year because i didn't turn up to the lecture when the assignment was handed out and I had no clue about it. So be careful.
Quote by Kensai
Do that with some lectures. You'll need crazy good discpline to actually do it, though. Sometimes it's easier to follow the course if you're going to the courses. You can also socialize and ask questions IRL.

That is, if your uni doesn't do attendance.

Who Pet Sematary'd dead Kensai. :|
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.