Hey all, I for part of my uni course I am planning on creating a drumkit by making noises with my mouth. What I would like to do is record myself making different drum noises and then put them into the Drumkit From Hell.

I have absolutely no idea how to change the samples for the DKFH but surely it must be possible. Any help?
It's not possible to use your own samples.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
If you use a software trigger such as Drumagog, you can replace the stock sounds with your own samples. I did that for Superior Drummer a while back.
Quote by Cavalcade
Try using your DAW's sequencer for your own samples. Just add a track for each sample. What DAW are you using?

I'm using Cubase.

I don't think there's a sample editor on there but I've not tried it before.

Quote by Taclite
If you use a software trigger such as Drumagog, you can replace the stock sounds with your own samples. I did that for Superior Drummer a while back.

So if I download Drumagog then I can use it in place of DKFH and swap the existing drum hits in for my own samples?
Quote by Random3
So if I download Drumagog then I can use it in place of DKFH and swap the existing drum hits in for my own samples?

Well, you'd still need EZdrummer to make the sounds, and then use Drumagog to replace them. It works like this, if a sound on a certain channel goes over a pre-determined decibel level, it replaces that sound.

And don't download it. Buy it. It's worth it.
Quote by Taclite

And don't download it. Buy it. It's worth it.

I can't afford to buy it, I might try the free demo and see if it does what I need it to do.

So if I have DKFH open in Cubase, how would I go about using Drumagog to change the samples?
Quote by Random3
I can't afford to buy it, I might try the free demo and see if it does what I need it to do.

So if I have DKFH open in Cubase, how would I go about using Drumagog to change the samples?

It's absolutely worth trying out.

You need to route the VST channels to separate channels in your DAW, so that you've got the kick on one channel, the snare on one, etc.
Then on, let's say the kick channel, place the Drumagog VST as an effect, and then choose the sample you want to replace the original sound with, and adjust the trigger level. Done!
Quote by Taclite
It's absolutely worth trying out.

You need to route the VST channels to separate channels in your DAW, so that you've got the kick on one channel, the snare on one, etc.
Then on, let's say the kick channel, place the Drumagog VST as an effect, and then choose the sample you want to replace the original sound with, and adjust the trigger level. Done!

Nice, I'll give that a go when I get home and let you know if there's any problems.

Thanks!
I am having a few problems.

I can't figure out how to reroute the midi so that each drum type is on a different track.

Also, I have downloaded the demo for Drumagog but I can't figure out how to then add it onto the instrument tracks as an effect.

Any ideas?
Fair enough, I mean I've created 8 DKFH tracks and put the MIDI track in the first one and hit multichannel, but it only plays from the first track (kick drum).

Do I need to have 8 DKFH tracks, each with the MIDI files on them and set each one to multichannel?
Quote by Random3
Fair enough, I mean I've created 8 DKFH tracks and put the MIDI track in the first one and hit multichannel, but it only plays from the first track (kick drum).

Do I need to have 8 DKFH tracks, each with the MIDI files on them and set each one to multichannel?

You shouldn't need that, in Reaper you can expand the midi multitrack to separate channels, and just use one for the VST.