Hi. Im going to get some money soon and as i need new amp (got vox vt15 with ds1) for some black/death metal around behemoth, children of bodom, dimmu borgir, immortal, some satyricon and vital remains. Budget is around 400 euro and so far i consider Valveking 112 but im not sure yet. Amp can be used or new, combo or head, boosted with screamer/anything or not. I just want nice heavy sound. Guitar i have is jackson dk10 with tonerider and gain booster.
Valveking's can be picked up really cheap used, which is good, cause I wouldn't buy one brand new, as you want to replace just about everything in it.

A little different recommendation this time, but try looking around for an Ampeg v140c.

It's solid state, so it doesn't exactly have that tube warmth, but a lot of black/death metal tones I have heard go for more of a sterile, SS tone.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Jcm 800 combo with pedals? Deafheaven uses one along with a Peavey clone of one and they're kinda black metal...
Quote by phoenix_crush
Jcm 800 combo with pedals? Deafheaven uses one along with a Peavey clone of one and they're kinda black metal...

Yeah, they are this new thing called shoegaze/black metal, or something like that.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
love my Valveking but sorry to say it isn't even close to being a death metal machine. you'd have to use an overdrive with it or even a distortion pedal to approach the gain used in most death metal. doesn't really have the bottom end for that genre either (combo the head through a closed back cab is better in the bass dept but still not the best)
Quote by phoenix_crush

VTM 60 and JCM2000.

Basically for Black metal, you want something with good high and high-mid response. So British voicing would be ideal.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
VTM 60 and JCM2000.

Basically for Black metal, you want something with good high and high-mid response. So British voicing would be ideal.

I noticed the VTM, but I couldn't tell what the Marshall was.
Yea.

Oh, and OP, run whatever amp you get through an Emperor cab. Just because you have to.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Haha first i have to find amp... That VTM sounds awesome but its really hard to find:/ just one on ebay and only local pickup... hope theres gonna be one soon for sale in Poland
VTMs are great and cheap. Just wait it out....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I will. The same i did with guitar and paid only 150 euro for awesome piece of wood.
Quote by TeH Locko
I will. The same i did with guitar and paid only 150 euro for awesome piece of wood.

You got ripped off. Only 150 euro for wood?

Throw in some hardware for that price!

Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
There's nice floyd toneriders and all rest shit i like to see on guitar ofcourse...