Hey Guys,
ive got the chance to buy a Mesa Boogie 2 Channel Triple Rectifier for a decent price from a friend of a friend. the only thing is i don't know the year of it just that its an older one without the switches.

Are they decent amps for cleans and and overdrives.

Cheers guys,
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Yes.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
all tube amps are decent amps so yes
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

Thanks guys, its a steal ill be getting it for so really looking forward to getting one
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
I mean, define "decent" cleans. They're certainly not terrible, but they're definitely far from the best clean tones I've heard. If you play clean a LOT, I wouldn't recommend that amp. But if you only use it occasionally you'll be more than satisfied.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Well i do use it quite often if im honest it may not be the best thing to go for
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
£1000 with a flight case
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Hes local, literally 20 minute drive from my house and hes dropping it to me
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by LP_CL
Maybe because it's CLOSED?

HAHAHAHAHA.....

I think you're missing the point.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by Jaekae

I hope you're trolling.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by Jaekae
Crate V series. I consider those as the "Line 6 Spiders of tube amps".

Maybe an average tube snob will say it's a great amp regardless of its tone just because it has tubes, but not only do I find it a piece of shit, a friend of mine thinks all tube amps are shit because of his Crate V50 that he's trying to get rid of.
A few people don't mind the crate ones.
I have no opinion..
The marshall ma series on the other hand
BOAK
I'd rather get me an awesome SS amp than a cheap ass tube amp.

Luckily I have 2 awesome tubeamps :p
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Dude, I freaking hate Triple Recs... Have you ever played one?

I realize you live in a different part of the world than I do but I see these things on my Craig's List all the time for under $1000 for the heads and those guys aren't selling them because they like them. If that's the sound you want great but don't buy one just because it seems like a good deal.
Recto cleans are generally blah. I've owned a triple and single recto. Got rid of them but i do miss the Single a little.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Is this Eds one?

nope mines a Dual, still up for sale even thought some guy with a Powerball Mk1 said he wanted to trade
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Yea I've looked into it abit more, the guy is basically moving away with his job so ex getting rid of a lot of his gear which I guess he doesn't want to ship. He also has a Marshall JVM410h which he wants rid of and offered at a ridiculous price to me which I'm taking.

Mesa Boogie are a company I have heard of and know the features of but have never been too inclined to try till I met this guy trying to sell his. So it's not too much of your typical should I buy this thread.

Out of interest BobDetroit what is so bad about them? Over here they go for £2099 new and still between £1000 to £1500 secondhand
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
go to his house and play it. if you like it buy it. simple.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ok. well ill change my answer.

go to the guys house. play BOTH amps. decide which one you like. buy it. simple.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
^ I'm just trying to point out how ridiculous this is. He knows very little about either amp. They are not that similar. Just because they are good prices does not make them desirable. Start a 'What Amp' thread like I suggested. If you want to include these two in your equation then great. Chances are both amps are wrong amp for you. But yeah - go play both. Just don't make an irrational decision because a friend is moving or whatever.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^ I'm just trying to point out how ridiculous this is. He knows very little about either amp. They are not that similar. Just because they are good prices does not make them desirable. Start a 'What Amp' thread like I suggested. If you want to include these two in your equation then great. Chances are both amps are wrong amp for you. But yeah - go play both. Just don't make an irrational decision because a friend is moving or whatever.

I do actually know a fair amount about Marshall actually, just Mesa Boogie i know little about.

Going to try both out now so mods can close this thread

Thanks to all those who gave serious answers
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
After years of playing fender and fender-ish amps, the mesa's cleans sound pretty "meh". Actually, all mesa's sound "meh", they just don't do it for me.

Go try it out. You might love it, you might hate it. Just don't trick yourself into thinking it's a great amp just because its big and pricy when it might not be right for you.
Quote by BobDetroit
Dude, I freaking hate Triple Recs... Have you ever played one?

I realize you live in a different part of the world than I do but I see these things on my Craig's List all the time for under $1000 for the heads and those guys aren't selling them because they like them. If that's the sound you want great but don't buy one just because it seems like a good deal.

Are you talking about a two channel or a three channel though?

Hate 3 channel Triple Rectos with a passion

2 Channel Dual/Triple Recto is the only Mesa amp I will ever buy again (having owned practically every amp they make). I haven't tried the new 2010 Rectos though, so maybe I'll like them too.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Are you talking about a two channel or a three channel though?

Hate 3 channel Triple Rectos with a passion

2 Channel Dual/Triple Recto is the only Mesa amp I will ever buy again (having owned practically every amp they make). I haven't tried the new 2010 Rectos though, so maybe I'll like them too.

the 2010 ones are nice dude, but still nothing compared to the old two channels

and btw if anyone knows someone in the UK who would like to buy and/or trade for a two channel Dual pls let me know cos im getting rid of mine
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.