Because these are power chords, you have a tremendous amount of flexibility here, but the Bb suggests that this is really a D minor progression. (If you were D G A and B you'd be in D major territory).

So the Dm scale or the Dm pentatonic should work well. Because Bb is a note that's not in the pentatonic scale, you may find the full minor more satisfying, but there's no one right answer here. I recommend soloing in the pentatonic until you've comfortable with it, then adding in those other notes.
Quote by HotspurJr
Because these are power chords, you have a tremendous amount of flexibility here,

Oui Oui.

D5 - D Harmonic Minor
Bb - Bb Lydian sharp 2
G - G Dorian sharp 4 (G Romanian Scale), A Rwanda Pygme Pentatonic scale.
A - A Phrygian Dominant (Spanish Phrygian), A Double Harmonic
Last edited by mdc at Nov 22, 2011,
Quote by mdc
Oui Oui.

D5 - D Harmonic Minor
Bb - Bb Lydian sharp 2
G - G Dorian sharp 4 (G Romanian Scale), A Rwanda Pygme Pentatonic scale.
A - A Phrygian Dominant (Spanish Phrygian), A Double Harmonic

i laughed and cried.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by moses132049
this confuses me; are you telling me to change the scale for every chord?

exactly what mdc is telling you...ahh...may not meet the moderators standards of communication on this board...which is quite a feat when you think about it...

wolf
Quote by moses 132049
this confuses me;

Well, I was just an opportunity to exploit this comment...
Quote by HotspurJr
Because these are power chords, you have a tremendous amount of flexibility here

are you telling me to change the scale for every chord?

You'll naturally be doing that anyway if you play the D Harmonic Minor Scale. The change in harmony will dictate.

No need to freak out dude, I was just having a "moment". Stick with D Minor Pentatonic.