So after attempting to restring my RG7620 and having two low B's pop out of the saddle blocks despite both being in correctly I've realized I want nothing to do with locking trems. Since I prefer TOM's on hardtails, I figured I'd look into a Schecter C7. And since I also prefer Blackouts over EMG's, I figured I'd take a look at the ATX models. C7 ATX in black caught my eye. Good idea? Or would an Agile Septor Pro 727 be a better deal?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Did you actually like the neck on the ibby?
If you like that you could just hunt for an rg7621/7421..
Schecters are a different kettle of fish in the neck department
I'm sure most people will send you in the direction of the Floyd Rose sticky, but I'll try to help.

Basically, with the Agiles, you get a bit more selection in terms of color, and probably some difference neck styles and price differences. However, in terms of quality and bang for your buck, the Schecter and the Agile will be about the same.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I'm sure most people will send you in the direction of the Floyd Rose sticky, but I'll try to help.

Basically, with the Agiles, you get a bit more selection in terms of color, and probably some difference neck styles and price differences. However, in terms of quality and bang for your buck, the Schecter and the Agile will be about the same.

You know, it's funny, I checked that before I restrung, I followed the steps... I think something's wrong with it.

Anyway, I've played Schecter 7's I've liked before. Totally different beast compared to Ibanez, but still nice nonetheless.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I mean the edge shouldn't be that hard to sort but i'd still say if you want rid of it sell it and get a 7621.. same guitar.. hardtail
Quote by coolstoryangus
I mean the edge shouldn't be that hard to sort but i'd still say if you want rid of it sell it and get a 7621.. same guitar.. hardtail

Yeah, I wanted a 7621 actually, but finding one in good condition is next to impossible
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
You know, it's funny, I checked that before I restrung, I followed the steps... I think something's wrong with it.

Anyway, I've played Schecter 7's I've liked before. Totally different beast compared to Ibanez, but still nice nonetheless.

Haha, perhaps you should get someone who knows how to string them check it out for you? Not saying it needs to be set up by a pro, because that is also a common and dumb answer on here.

Yeah, the guitars are all pretty different. Agile and Schecter will be pretty close to the same beast, depending which Agile you get.
Probably will go for the Agile considering the price. The pickups are an unknown for me though, no idea what they're like tonewise.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
I'm have been considering buying an Interceptor pro 727 for a while, and I think that's the best choice for a 7-string considering the price, and what you get for it.
@guy above, yeah, but you can get EMG 707 too.
The idea of buying something before testing it is wierd, so I wait for a guy I know to buy it first.
Why would you actively want to take a backwards step?

Look hard for a 7621, they are out there and are awesome.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by JB95
I'm have been considering buying an Interceptor pro 727 for a while, and I think that's the best choice for a 7-string considering the price, and what you get for it.
@guy above, yeah, but you can get EMG 707 too.
The idea of buying something before testing it is wierd, so I wait for a guy I know to buy it first.

Yeah but TS likes Blackouts over EMG's.
That I do! That's actually why I didn't get an MH417, I didn't dig the EMG's. Funny, I really like blackouts but I'm not a fan of EMG's. As for getting an Agile with Blackouts, outta my price range. I'd be buying the ATX used.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Get a 417 ( awesome sauce ) sell the EMGz and buy Blackouts?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Get a 417 ( awesome sauce ) sell the EMGz and buy Blackouts?

Hell, not a terrible idea. But then I'd be stuck trying to sell EMGz... Not too enthused about that.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
get the 417 2nd hand, save the difference?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Now THAT is a good idea. Of course that requires FINDING one used.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Yeah, I'm on there. However I'm technically not the one in control of this purchase, so...
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Ah.... Present right?

I would also just like to say.... EMGs and blackouts are interchangeable with no real difference IMO

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I just kinda wish the 417 had body binding. Looks a little formless without it. And yes.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden