Hey guys,

https://www.facebook.com/FaithInHoursOfficial

http://soundcloud.com/faithinhoursuk

This is our band "Faith in Hours". We're basically told that we're an instrumental post-rock band, but truth be told, I'm not 100% on what that is. We just try to write interesting music that can carry itself without a singer.

We have 4 tracks up on the Soundcloud page but you can also access them through the Facebook page, would be grateful for some feedback and suggestions and whatnot.

Cheers!
*parp*
Nice tracks and well recorded, maybe some odd time signatures would add to them...

Oh and also your distorted guitars could be more powerful in the mix.
You guys rock. 'Nuff said. I guess the post-rock tag fits, but the music seems more straightforward and has so much more direction than most stuff I've seen labeled as post-rock. Come to the US!
Thanks very much for all the feedback so far guys!

Quote by Tune my fork
Nice tracks and well recorded, maybe some odd time signatures would add to them...

Oh and also your distorted guitars could be more powerful in the mix.

Thanks a lot mate. Yeah, the guitars could do with a bit more clarity and oomph. Unfortunately we're all poor and can't afford to go to a professional studio yet!

Quote by NathanielLost
You guys rock. 'Nuff said. I guess the post-rock tag fits, but the music seems more straightforward and has so much more direction than most stuff I've seen labeled as post-rock. Come to the US!

Thanks very much. It's nice to know that what we're doing sounds like it has a definite direction... and we'd love to! Any support slots going?

Quote by the memory
Sound sweet! Dropped you guys a like.

Thanks! Done the same for you.
*parp*
Quote by Bleurgh

Thanks very much. It's nice to know that what we're doing sounds like it has a definite direction... and we'd love to! Any support slots going?

Yeah, we're booking shows all the time in Northern California! If you guys could seriously fly over here to play, I'm sure everyone would love you, haha.

EDIT: I think your music would aptly score a slightly-off-the-mainstream independent film that's about the hope of romance but still firmly based in the reality of life. By all means a stellar accomplishment.
Last edited by NathanielLost at Nov 22, 2011,
Quote by NathanielLost
Yeah, we're booking shows all the time in Northern California! If you guys could seriously fly over here to play, I'm sure everyone would love you, haha.

EDIT: I think your music would aptly score a slightly-off-the-mainstream independent film that's about the hope of romance but still firmly based in the reality of life. By all means a stellar accomplishment.

Ah man, if only. That would be so sweet! Maybe one day...

Haha. It's really funny that you made the film score reference because we have been described as "cinematic rock", which I think is pretty cool.
*parp*
Quote by Bleurgh
Ah man, if only. That would be so sweet! Maybe one day...

Haha. It's really funny that you made the film score reference because we have been described as "cinematic rock", which I think is pretty cool.

I know, the whole sound you've guys got is awesome. You should sell your music to an indie film producer, haha.
Quote by Bleurgh
Thanks! Done the same for you.

That Quicksand Symmetry is pretty dated sadly, gonna be announcing a new band come January though so I'll let you know when that happens!
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
That Quicksand Symmetry is pretty dated sadly, gonna be announcing a new band come January though so I'll let you know when that happens!

Sweet, I'll check it! There better be br00t4lz and lulz though..

Quote by Cheapasics
*adbot shit*

We don't tek kaandly ta your kaand 'round 'ere so yew can jus' giit out!

But seriously, reported.
*parp*
Hey, did you guys have three guitarists before, and then lost one? Because on the EP I clearly hear three distinct guitar parts at times, and your older band photos had five people in them.
awesome music. just my personal taste but i think a singer could greatly add to it, but it sounds awesome already! keep it up!
Quote by NathanielLost
Hey, did you guys have three guitarists before, and then lost one? Because on the EP I clearly hear three distinct guitar parts at times, and your older band photos had five people in them.

Yes we did. Good ear! Unfortunately one of our guitarists had to leave the band before we recorded the EP, so myself and our other guitarist Charlie handled all the parts ourselves.

Quote by JalexKnittel
awesome music. just my personal taste but i think a singer could greatly add to it, but it sounds awesome already! keep it up!

Thank you very much. We have had a few comments about getting a singer and it is something we are bearing in mind!

Quote by facemelt365
Very nice stuff. I liked Peacemaker especially. Personally I think you could use a bit more lead in the verse parts to give them a bit more melody and keep them interesting.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I know what you mean, "Cornerstone" is our oldest song and was actually written in mind for a singer which is why it's more conventionally structured and has less parts going on.
*parp*
Quote by Bleurgh
Yes we did. Good ear! Unfortunately one of our guitarists had to leave the band before we recorded the EP, so myself and our other guitarist Charlie handled all the parts ourselves.

Dude. My band's "other guitarist" (well, one of them) is named Charlie. Awesome.
Quote by NathanielLost
Dude. My band's "other guitarist" (well, one of them) is named Charlie. Awesome.

Small fucking world we live in man.
*parp*
Quote by Bleurgh
Sweet, I'll check it! There better be br00t4lz and lulz though..

Of course! Wouldn't have anything less
Top lel.