I've got a project underway already, but I've dug up a battered dark plum SG body and an unfinished 24 fret maple Jackson neck. So I'm just looking for any suggestions for what to do with their mutant offspring. Pickups, pots, tuners, bridge, paint, even knobs, whatever sounds good. I've got a good sized budget leftover, as well as some hardware from my current project.

And yes, it will likely be for hard rock - metal music.

So, any creative uncopyrighted ideas I can pillage?

And if you're into puzzles, my leftover scraps more or less includes:
Pickups: SD 59 set, X2N set, Duckbucker set, YJM Fury set, vintage '63 neck single
Hardware: double-locking FR set, schaller locking tuners, schaller roller bridge, 2x vintage '63 250k pots, 3x 10k pots, brass nut, whammy bar
Unless the Jackson neck is 24 5/8" scale, which I doubt, if you build a guitar with those parts it won't intonate properly. You should either make a new body for the Jackson neck or get a new neck for the SG body. Or do both, if you can afford it.
Quote by blaaargh
Unless the Jackson neck is 24 5/8" scale, which I doubt, if you build a guitar with those parts it won't intonate properly. You should either make a new body for the Jackson neck or get a new neck for the SG body. Or do both, if you can afford it.

Jeeso, two threads almost exactly the same within a minute of each other ay?
lol yeah

Anyway, not to be picky, but I didn't say to raise problems, I said give me ideas.

Thanks for your concern though, I've noted their scale already.
Quote by CheddarShreddar
lol yeah

Anyway, not to be picky, but I didn't say to raise problems, I said give me ideas.

Oh yeah, shit, sorry dude.
Look at me throwing accusations around.

Soz man
Quote by CheddarShreddar
lol yeah

Fix the scale. That is the first idea.

If it is for you then don't worry about copyright shit.