Was at my local Long & Mcquade the other day and picked up two guitars i've had my eye on for a good while now. First is a Gretsch G5135, and second one's a Schecter C-1 Exotic!

The Gretsch:

It plays really well and im realllly diggin the tone. The humbuckers scream like drunk bitches and can handle a lot of gain really well, and there's a great assortment of tones available in it. My 2 issues with it so far are that the neck pickups get a little muddy on clean channels and that there's only 21 frets (i was bummed too). Other than that, it's an awesome guitar.

Don't have the Schecter yet, but as soon as i get it i'll post some pics. I've been after this particular guitar for years now (when it came out in 2005 it was one of my most coveted guitars and now i'll finally have it on friday--it had to be shipped here from another store out in New Brunswick. I don't know if i've ever been more excited in my life for something! The combined retail worth is about $1800CDN, so i am REALLY happy with the deal i got!
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hngd
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Not ugly, just unusual. It does look awesome too, HNGD :3
Professional lurker since 2009.
The Schecter is pretty decent. I find the neck a little big, but I'm kind of short anyways. You can get a lot of different sounds too (like with most guitars I guess) I played mine in my Jazz band for 2 years, so its definitely versatile. What I like and don't like though is how it's a Jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none guitar.

Hope I helped a little bit.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by AWACS
The Schecter is pretty decent. I find the neck a little big, but I'm kind of short anyways. You can get a lot of different sounds too (like with most guitars I guess) I played mine in my Jazz band for 2 years, so its definitely versatile. What I like and don't like though is how it's a Jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none guitar.

Hope I helped a little bit.

Pretty much what everyone has been saying. I plan to use it a lot for jazz tones and less gain kind of sounds, so i think it'll work perfectly. I'm definitely a single coil guy, and the Gretsch gives me that in spades but i also get the nice sound of humbuckers AND single coils in the schecter because of the coil taps. I've been after a coil tapped guitar for ages now

i just REALLY hope it gets here by friday because i've got a huge gig on friday night!
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

I can't honestly say I like how it looks, at all.. But hell if it suits you.. The more power to you.

HNGD, excited for pictures of the Schecter.
Quote by Wisthekiller
That's an ugly guitar, but it's also kinda sexy. It's like Jennifer Aniston it's ugly and attractive.

I'm not sure what to think of it. It's got style, but the headstock and the dot inlays do not do it justice. I suppose, referring back to your Jennifer Aniston analogy - She's mostly hot but I can't find her attractive because of her terrible acting, and the crappyness of Friends.
Quote by Butt Rayge
I'm not sure what to think of it. It's got style, but the headstock and the dot inlays do not do it justice. I suppose, referring back to your Jennifer Aniston analogy - She's mostly hot but I can't find her attractive because of her terrible acting, and the crappyness of Friends.

I meant that by looking at her, ignoring all acting, she's either really hot or really ugly and you can't exactly decide which.
The Schecter came in today.... it's amazing. i'll try and get some pictures up later today!
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Here she is...Schecter C-1 Exotic (2005)

Knob to the bottom right is a coiltap push pot

The tone is incredible on it. The playability is among the best ive ever tried. It looks killer, the coiltaps give unreal versatility and diversity of tones, and the neck is just awesome to play on. It's nice and light too, and overall this is the best guitar ive ever owned. HIGHLY recommended!
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Sexy
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
That Schecter is sexy...and it came from where I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

^^ haha seriously? i had never even heard of grand falls before i bought it lol. i bought on the monday it was shipped out on tuseday, and i got it on friday afternoon
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

That brown is waaay sexier than my lava red one.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame