I am trying to achieve a full stereo guitar tone but i have run into some problems,
first off here is what i am using

Amplifiers:
2 fender hot rod deluxe III's

Pedals:

1 boss DS-1 (with ds-ultra and seeing eye mods)
1 Digi Tech Whammy with Drop Tune
1 boss ME-50 multi effect pedal (this pedal has stereo outs so i split my signal here)

to the left:
1 MXR KFK 10 band EQ (left input)

to the right:
1 Boss RC-300 loop Station
The same MXR KFK 10 Band EQ (right input)

The signal joins back together with a ABY pedal that i made myself, and then i use a BBE Sonic Maximizer on both the left and the right (i have 2, one for the left, and the right) from the ABY pedal and then want to run back into the return of both amps

all of these pedals are in a pedal board and i am trying to run this pedal board in the effect loops of my Hot Rod Deluxe(s) but i cannot figure out how to do this and have the amps know which is left, and right or how to get 2 amps to share a stereo effect loop...

is this even possible? maybe i need to use a different amplifier(s)?
should i abandon the Fender amps and then use just 1 head and 2 cabs?
i
any and all help with this problem/question would be very appreciated!
Quote by hxcmatii

Amplifiers:
2 fender hot rod deluxe III's

Pedals:

1 boss DS-1 (with ds-ultra and seeing eye mods)
1 Digi Tech Whammy with Drop Tune
1 boss ME-50 multi effect pedal (this pedal has stereo outs so i split my signal here)

to the left:
1 MXR KFK 10 band EQ (left input)

to the right:
1 Boss RC-300 loop Station
The same MXR KFK 10 Band EQ (right input)

i am a bit at a loss as to what exactly is supposed to go with which amp, i am just going to list what you have and how i'd arrange it in stereo

guitar -> ds-1 -> ME50

ME50 Left output -> hot rod deluxe A

ME50 Right output -> hot rod deluxe B

Amp A FX send -> EQ -> Amp A FX return

Amp B FX send -> loop station -> EQ -> Amp B FX return

that is close to what you are running above, and this would be true stereo. another option is to just go

guitar -> ds-1 -> ME50

ME50 Left output -> EQ -> Amp A FX return

ME50 Right output -> loop station -> EQ -> Amp B FX return

this bypasses the preamps on the the fender amps and just uses the power amps. this is more simple and allows the modeler a cleaner platform to work off of. try both methods and see what you prefer.

imo, i don't like the sonic maximizers, think they suck tone and i also think your EQ's make the superfluous. but that is just my opinion. if you wanna use em, put em before or after the EQ's. frankly the EQ's are a bit superfluous as well cuz the ME50 should have EQ's for each out as well. your setup is kinda over-EQ'd.

Quote by hxcmatii
is this even possible?

yes

Quote by hxcmatii
maybe i need to use a different amplifier(s)?

no

Quote by hxcmatii
should i abandon the Fender amps and then use just 1 head and 2 cabs?

it doesn't work that way, you need either two amps or a stereo amp paired with [at least] two separate speakers to make a usable stereo field.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Nov 21, 2011,