Hey UG!

Lately I've been GASing for a tele, badly. I need to have that single coil plug in.

I've been listening to a lot of La Vida Boheme (listen to 'em. They're awesome), Billy Talent, Muse, The Strokes and RHCP.

I'm really considering a Fender Baja Tele (why Baja??)

Do you think it would fit to the sound I'm aiming for? Really nice overdriven tone, but not over the top. Looking for clarity here.

Can you recommend any other? (maple fingerboard... and no pickguard teles are hot)

Thanks!
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
Last edited by SupahStrat at Nov 21, 2011,
I wish i could get my damn phone to post pics on here. I have a black 1975 Telecaster Custom (japanese reissue from 1995) that is totally boss. Bought it new in 1996 because Keith Richards played one all through the 80's before his fingers swelled into arthritic monstrosities.
Try it out first - it may be a little thin sounding for what you're after.

I'm assuming Baja relates to production from Mexico...?
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by bucketkicker
I wish i could get my damn phone to post pics on here. I have a black 1975 Telecaster Custom (japanese reissue from 1995) that is totally boss. Bought it new in 1996 because Keith Richards played one all through the 80's before his fingers swelled into arthritic monstrosities.

is that why all his solos on the 'shine a light' movie concert were crap?
Quote by Slap-happy
I'm assuming Baja relates to production from Mexico...?

"No way dude... Baja's in Cali" (kind of an inside joke...)

Yes.. Made in Mexico, but it was designed by Fender Custom Shop Master Builder Christopher Fleming... And they aren't cheap... but not outragous..

Me Likey... I'll be looking to play one... not sure about that Soft "V" neck... Might take some getting used to...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Last edited by Papabear505 at Nov 21, 2011,
Quote by guitaruboy
is that why all his solos on the 'shine a light' movie concert were crap?

I love the stones, but shine a light makes me want to turn the light OFF frankly. I read a lot of positive reviews about it which completely baffled me. Keith can't even seem to play basic outlines of the songs anymore and even blows the intros to satisfaction&jumpinj flash. He just walks around making kissy faces and doing the occasional hammer on. It embarrasses me as a fan. But the man is very old and worn out. I respect what he's done but cringe at what he's become.
Of course Baja's in California (my bad - US geography isn't my strongest suit...)

Heard Keef playing on the new Tom Waits record and it wasn't too bad - certainly better than what I've heard about Shine A Light...
Quote by Slap-happy
Of course Baja's in California (my bad - US geography isn't my strongest suit...)

Heard Keef playing on the new Tom Waits record and it wasn't too bad - certainly better than what I've heard about Shine A Light...

All you have to do is look at his knuckles. It's been a long, long, road. But his playing&twang on the 1981 tour inspired me back when i was 17 to buy a tele custom and i'm damn glad i did. Teles are definately my favorite guitars. So versatile, simple, and classic. Love 'em.
It's probably why he favours open tunings.... Even if he has been playing them since the late '60s.