I'm looking for something that I can mount on the sound hole of an old acoustic I have at home, so no mods..

Any recommendations (or alternative suggestions)? I'm playing a gig next month with my full band and prior to that I've been asked to do an acoustic set. My electro acoustic is currently undergoing some repairs (my luthier reckons it'll be another three or four weeks due to the Christmas rush), so I'm going to have to make do with this interim measure.

Not really wanting to spend a fortune, but cash isn't a massive factor, and I live in Melbourne, Australia.

Cheers for the ideas!
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
I'm looking for something that I can mount on the sound hole of an old acoustic I have at home, so no mods..

Any recommendations (or alternative suggestions)? I'm playing a gig next month with my full band and prior to that I've been asked to do an acoustic set. My electro acoustic is currently undergoing some repairs (my luthier reckons it'll be another three or four weeks due to the Christmas rush), so I'm going to have to make do with this interim measure.

Not really wanting to spend a fortune, but cash isn't a massive factor, and I live in Melbourne, Australia.

Cheers for the ideas!

for cheap, a woody will work.
http://www.music123.com/Accessories/Fretted-Instrument-Accessories-Parts/Guitar-Pickups-Parts/Guitar-Pickups/Acoustic-Guitar-Pickups-Preamps/Woody-SC-Single-Coil-Soundhole-Pickup.site7prod300956.product

were you looking to spend more?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
What's the sound quality like?

I'm comfortable heading up to about $100(AU).
Since my Taylor's coming back around Christmas I wouldn't need to rely on it. But having said that it's always nice to have a few options...
And these people wonder why people shop online and purchase stuff from overseas...

WTF?!?
Quote by jj1565

Don't bloody ship here...

eBay it is. Thanks for the assistance!
Quote by jj1565

eww.

I had one of those a long time ago, hated every second of it.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
why not mic it?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
why not mic it?

I'm the mobile type - I mic up to record at home and practically have to nail myself to the floor.
Quote by Slap-happy
I'm the mobile type - I mic up to record at home and practically have to nail myself to the floor.

that complicates things. you could do thh SD Woody which i bought seven or eight years ago. i don't like acoustics (love classicals though), so i dont own an acoustic at the moment. there are the stick on transducers, i dont know how good those are. i also dont know if the woody would sound better on an acoustic amp than a typical amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Guitarbaddie
eww.

I had one of those a long time ago, hated every second of it.

what did you play it thru?

it's a predictable, temporary, no nonsense way to inexpensively amplify an
acoustic.
not a glowing be all end all review. but it'll definitely work.

and if you check out the hundreds of online reviews, you'll see
it's totally fine.

i have enough amplified acoustics, to where i dont have to
pull out and find my old passive soundhole pups in a pinch.

but if i remember right, the woody is about the second cheapest,
and at the very least, quieter than other pups in that price range.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011