There's an eBay listing for this guitar at 2200 dollars. Good price? Does it have a piezo? Would you call it a better guitar than the Ernie ball music man John petrucci 7 string (bfr and normal)?

Sorry for the slew of questions. Basically, should I get it instead of a JP7 if I can?
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
I got a BFR JP and would recommend NO other guitar above it. And I've played shitloads of guitars, including the RG. Even though mine is 6 string, i played my friends normal non BFR and it was superior above RG.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
^Has your JP got the scoop, or is it the maple top, mahogany/alder body?

In all honesty, the Ibanez is a great guitar. Its a J-Custom, so its top quality all around, just like the MusicMan. Personally I'd go for a MusicMan, but really either would be a great choice.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492005
That's my NGD thread. It's Custom with a full Rosewood neck, and has a scoop. (Normal BFR's usually don't have the scoop.) It has a Mahagony Tone block, but it's Alder solid body.
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
Ah nice. Its not an alder/mahogany body though, its a standard basswood JP body with a rosewood neck, which makes it a BFR. Theres been a lot of confusion over those models, since most people think BFR = alder/mahogany, but its actually not. The BFR just designates any model that is an 'upgrade' over the standard specs, and in your case that is the rosewood neck.
If its got the scoop, its a basswood body.
Having owned a J Custom and now an EBMM JP. its purely a preference thing.

Turns out I prefer the EBMM JP, though the fact it has the same neck as my old j Custom certainly helps.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
"Body Wood:Alder with bookmatched maple top and mahogany Tone Block. Honey Bursted Koa Top - Mahogany body"
From Music Man website. I know my guitar mate. It's custom ordered.
I don't think I've heard of anyone who hasn't loved the EBMM JP. They're basically perfect, feel wise. I could see some people not liking the neck being so thin, but other than that they're great.

Quote by omidmash
"Body Wood:Alder with bookmatched maple top and mahogany Tone Block. Honey Bursted Koa Top - Mahogany body"
From Music Man website. I know my guitar mate. It's custom ordered.

Thats the specs of a Koa BFR, which yours is not. I know my EBMM, and I can guarantee yours has a basswood body. There has never been an alder/mahogany JP with the scoop. They all have the contoured section, because the maple top is bent over the body, and there is no scoop.
Last edited by littlephil at Nov 22, 2011,
Quote by littlephil
I don't think I've heard of anyone who hasn't loved the EBMM JP. They're basically perfect, feel wise. I could see some people not liking the neck being so thin, but other than that they're great.

Thats the specs of a Koa BFR, which yours is not. I know my EBMM, and I can guarantee yours has a basswood body. There has never been an alder/mahogany JP with the scoop. They all have the contoured section, because the maple top is bent over the body, and there is no scoop.

Again, rea my last line. What I sent was the original, I ordered mine in.
I know, I read your post. Every rosewood necked EBMM from that limited run was specially ordered. That doesn't change the fact that your JP is a standard JP with a rosewood neck, which makes it a BFR.

If you don't believe me, go on the EBMM forums and give them the serial number, they'll tell you the same thing. EBMM employees post there, they'll check the SN against their database, and they'll give you all the specs.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Having owned a J Custom and now an EBMM JP. its purely a preference thing.

Turns out I prefer the EBMM JP, though the fact it has the same neck as my old j Custom certainly helps.

Hmm... this auction ends TODAY, would you recommend that I go for it? I trust your judgment, but the thing is I probably won't be able to ever find one of these things again. If it's any reference, I love the neck on my PRS Torero .

asdfhsjlh I'm so torn. I can always wait for a BFR/JP7 but one of these things is honestly unique .
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
I would.

Not like you would lose much on it when a BFR7 does come up for sale.

They are both incredible guitars, just different.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Well I'm kind of a dumbass. The auction ended today at 10:14 AM, not PM. So, I can't buy it regardless -_-
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie

did it sell?

if not email the seller?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0

did it sell?

if not email the seller?

It didn't sell, no. It didn't have a single bid which was hella surprising considering the rarity of the thing and the price o_o

I'll email him though, yeah.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Offer him 2k and see what he says

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb