I have a B.C. Rich Metal Master that I do enjoy but I have a guy offering me a 1997 MIA Peavey Predator in trade for the warlock. I have not been able to find any bad reviews about these predators. I have him bringing it to me so I can test it out to make sure I even like the feel of the neck. Do any of you have any experience with this guitar and if so what are you opinions of it and is it worth trading my warlock for it?

And yes I know the warlock is a cheap guitar but still if it is not worth the trade in monetary value I rather not go through with it.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Nov 22, 2011,
If the predator feels better to you, then you should change, without worrying in price differences. Even if the predator would be 50 bucks cheaper, it would be worth trading, because it's a better guitar for you.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
If you think Peaveys are cheap secondhand try to sell your BC Rich, you'll have to Pay someone to take that off your hands!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My first guitar was a mid-90s "Made in some sweat shop in Asia" Peavey Prdator. It was pretty great, especially for cheap guitar, with the exception of the nut (which the previous owner, my grandpa. filed out ALL the slots with a nail file
wait, is it the Strat copy Predator? If it is then you might have to see whether the single coils will do what you want. Will probably play better than the B.C. Rich anyways. If it's the one with humbuckers, i would probably still take the trade.
Quote by shecter guy
wait, is it the Strat copy Predator? If it is then you might have to see whether the single coils will do what you want. Will probably play better than the B.C. Rich anyways. If it's the one with humbuckers, i would probably still take the trade.

Yeah its the strat copy, the 90's era MIA's didnt come with HB's.

But I am not worried about the single coils not doign what I want. I play metal and just a few weeks ago I was playing metallica and rammstein on a First Act with single coils. Also later on I can just drop in some GFS pickups in it which was my plan in the first place with the warlock.
well in that case, i'd say have at it. We had one at a local shop selling for like $125 and it actually played very nicely. Couldn't judge the tone though as the shop doesn't carry much besides small SS amps.
I made the trade, the thing needs some work but I think it has a lot more potential than the warlock did.
It's a solid guitar and definitely worth the trade of a cheap Warlock. The electronics are lacking and the single coils don't really sound like regular single coils, they're a mile thick and sound pretty damn heavy for a single coil. Does yours have the locking tuners? Personally I think they're garbage and don't hold tune very well, if it was mine I'd swap out the electronics and put a different set of tuners on it.

Good trade though, hope you enjoy it
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Nah mine are the standard tuners. I plan to eventually put in a set of Dragonfire 81/85 actives and repaint the guitar white. I have all ways wanted a jim root style guitar. But for now the stock pickups will work fine.

But this is the heaviest poplar bodied guitar I have ever played... Not a bad thing though, I like heavy guitars.
Go for Guitarheads actives over Dragonfire. They're pretty cheap as well, just sound (in my opinion) better than Dragonfire.

To be honest, the Dragonfire ones (I built half my custom from stuff from their website, I love them but this serves for honesty) aren't even active. They are very weak passives with a booster.
Last edited by Wisthekiller at Nov 22, 2011,
Quote by Wisthekiller
Go for Guitarheads actives over Dragonfire. They're pretty cheap as well, just sound (in my opinion) better than Dragonfire.

To be honest, the Dragonfire ones (I built half my custom from stuff from their website, I love them but this serves for honesty) aren't even active. They are very weak passives with a booster.

Really? Ive heard the DFG's and I like the sound but I have not been able to find any good audio files or videos with the GH actives.
Post pics! lol
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar
Quote by Darkdevil725
Really? Ive heard the DFG's and I like the sound but I have not been able to find any good audio files or videos with the GH actives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzvoIULsy1g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMUde9QTSq8
Here are the pictures, the thing was pretty nasty looking. That glitter sticker alone took around 2 hours to remove, when I tried to peel it off all of the glitter stayed on the guitar and the glitter was so thick that the WD-40 and Lighter Fluid I was using to remove the adhesive could not cut through it.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After
When you restring it raise those pickups up man. You did a good job cleaning it though, I hate when people put pointless stickers all over a guitar body like that. They're a nightmare to remove without damaging the finish.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
The pickups are only as low as they are because I dont have strings yet. I cant afford to buy any at the moment so I had to order them from a site im not allowed to mention on this site any more. Hopefully it wont take long for my order to be approved and shipped.
Quote by Ippon
Congrats! Looks like you removed all traces of DNA from the previous owner.

My scans indicate that yes I did.