I've been looking to get back into drums recently and am looking for a nice acoustic kit. I prefer Tama, always played them back in the day, and I can get them for dirt cheap. I will be recording with this kit and just general jamming so am looking for a nice studio kit that probably won't see much gigging.

tl;dr, Looking for a nice Tama kit, upwards of $1000AU (can get Tama dirt cheap). Any recommendations? Cheers!
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Tama Superstar Hyperdrive is always a good bet, or if you want more punch then go for a second hand Starclassic Bubinga if you can find one. Other than that there isn't really much choice if you're looking only at Tama.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Tama Starclassic Hyperdrive here i love it. i also have a '92 or '93 Ludwig kit with sequential serial numbers and deep toms that is a fusion set. i also have a vintage Tama 6 pc set that i dont have proper hardware for no room to set it up.

i really like both of them. i have them both set up and go back and forth.

i have had cheaper drumsets, and for the cheaper end i liked my gretsch over my pearl( which was a 9 pc ). gretsch makes some nice drums for not too much $.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/