Sorting out Christmas for the Grand Daughter, she's been playing for about 5 years now on a little daisy rock debutante set up, her music teacher says shes now outgrown it and needs something with a bit more "quality", but needs a thin neck as although she is 11 she is tiny.

So, just got a lump sum from my pension and being Christmas and an only Grand Child time for a bit of spoiling!

Guitar is kind of sorted am looking at going for a Philippe Dubreille kids guitar, if he has time to put one together before Christmas, but what amp? Have looked on here and other sites, not being a musician myself am thinking about either a Tiny Terror or Fender Blues Jr, but just wondering what else is out there for around £500 (or less!)?

Apologies just read another post for the info you need.

Budget? - Up to £500

Genres? - She likes Led Zep, U2, Gary Moore, Oasis etc.

New or Used? - Not fussed as long as it LOOKS new, it is for Christmas after all

Home or Gig? - Home mainly although she does play in the schools Rock Band, so uses ther amps but would be nice to have her own

Closest City? - London

Current Gear? - Daisy Rock Debutante, but as above looking to get a Philippe Dubreille (link is here) http://www.dubreuille-guitar.com/child.html
Last edited by Grandalf at Nov 22, 2011,
If she likes the kind of music you indicated above, go for the Tiny Terror. I myself use a Vox Night Train (with a Vox 112 NT cab), I think it worths a try. It doesn't have the same hi-gain distortion of a Tiny Terror, but it has much better cleans and dynamics.
Does she have a cab? Because, if she doesn't (or her cab is not of a good quality), you might be a little short on budget. I've payed slightly more than 500 quid for my amp cum cabinet, and the Tiny Terror (combo or head plus cab) is certainly more expensive.
Peavey ValveKing might be a good choice too. It doesnt' have such good cleans and the speaker isn't brilliant, but it offers good value for money, it's reliable and simple to use.
Tiny Terror
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
The Vox is better, but shw may prefer the high gain sound on the tiny terror.
I think the Terror is cheaper too.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
A Vox AC15 would probably work quite well, and is in your budget. It has fantastic cleans, and can get a pretty good amount of grit on its' own. If you need more distortion you could alway boost it with an overdrive pedal. It would be loud enough to play in a band situation, or turned down for home practice (though like most amps, it'll sound better when turned up a bit)

I haven't played an AC15 extensively, but I remember being very impressed with the cleans, and being surprised at how much gain (distortion) you could get out of it with no pedals. It would surely be able to handle classic rock and stuff like U2 and oasis.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/vox_ac15_cc1.htm

EDIT: This is a combo amp, which comes with a speaker. The tiny terror is just an amplifier head, which means the speakers have to be bought seperately. The AC15 is a very well rounded amp. Its' big brother, the AC30 (30 watts instead of 15), has adorned the stage of many famous bands.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Last edited by jpatan at Nov 22, 2011,
Quote by jpatan
EDIT: This is a combo amp, which comes with a speaker. The tiny terror is just an amplifier head, which means the speakers have to be bought seperately. The AC15 is a very well rounded amp. Its' big brother, the AC30 (30 watts instead of 15), has adorned the stage of many famous bands.

Tiny terror is available as a combo too.
And yeah - either one would be good.
From my knowledge the orange would be better for oasis and gary moore type sounds.
But the vox would be better for U2 - The edge uses AC30's.

I'd probably go for the vox out of the two though
RIP Gooze

cats
Ahh, I think I was looking at the wrong model. I thought the TT combo was out of TS's budget. It's still a little more than the AC15. I've only played a TT for like 10 minutes ever, so I can't really comment too much on it. From my brief demo of it, I think the AC15 has much better cleans.

Honestly either one would probably be a great amp for her. I LOVE the cleans from the AC15, so that would be my choice. A great clean amp can be boosted to get more gain if you need it. An amp with mediocre cleans and great distortion will really never have better than mediocre cleans, no matter what you do. (generally speaking)
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes