I saw a video of the Eventide Space unit the other day and I was blown away by some of the more far-out reverb sounds like 'Shimmer' and 'Blackhole'. I love that kind of stuff (too much Hawkwind in my music collection ) but the Eventide unit is pricey in the UK.

Are there any cheaper reverb pedals that come close to making some of the stranger reverb effects that the Space unit does?

TIA

Ash
The Blue Sky gets blown out of the water by the Space. Even of you just compare the shared reverb types the Space wins. I can't see myself selling my Space unless Strymon makes something better
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I hadn't considered the Strymon, having seen a YouTube pedal it sounds very good.

My starting point is that the SPACE is awesome, but I can't afford it. I'm after a cheap alternative, which I fully expect to be not as good as SPACE.
My suggestion is a Line 6 M5 or Verbzilla then. Its got some similar crazy settings, ie particle verb and octoverb, and is much cheaper.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
It is a little different, but the TC Electronics Alter Ego is really nice, versatile and not extremely expensive
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by samhurley7
Nope its the best.

Really? That was totally worth bumping a 2 year old thread over.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs