Just because not everyone is an asshole.

Brag about Share good deeds you have done or gone out your way to help others. Unselfish acts and just generally being a good person. I could do with some uplifting stuff.

Last year I was walking through town and it was pretty warm. This old man just suddenly started to drift into the road and fell. Market day in town. Lots of traffic. For some ridiculous reason, I ran into the road without thinking or looking to try and help this man up. He was a large old man and I couldn't lift him. I was trying but he wasn't helping himself, it was just dead weight. Everyone walked past and didn't help me. Luckily, an ambulance was passing and pulled over to help. Pretty disgusted how everyone just walked past though.

Also, if I go to the pub, I usually put what money I have left in a charity pot at the end of the night.
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Nov 22, 2011,
I did a good deed for your mother TS........she wanted a shelf putting up........So I nailed it
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I banged a fat chick once.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
inb4 "there's no such thing as an unselfish good deed because doing it makes you feel good"
My friends just moved into their own house and had a house warming party. I crashed there for the night and in morning while hungover to shit I tidied everything up
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
I saw a whole bunch of people held at this one building called "Guantanmo bay" against their will so I freed them all.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by VillainousLatin
isn't bragging about doing a good deed cancel out the good did?

I think doing a bad deed would cancel out a good deed. I don't see bragging as a bad deed.
I have more than once refrained from killing people i meet, SHOWER ME WITH PRAISE
Quote by VillainousLatin
isn't bragging about doing a good deed cancel out the good did?

There are worse things than bragging about performing a good deed.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Not necessarily a good deed because it's my job, but I pretty much dropped what I was working on to help out a family. I work for the New Mexico Department Of Public Safety, and my job is to send out rap sheets for job applicants, people looking to adopt, etc. A couple had been going through hell trying to adopt their kid, and they've been going through the whole process since January. I got an email from the Children Family and Youth Department asking for my assistance on the matter, so I basically put off all my other duties to get the necessary paperwork done. It was a lot of work but I was finally able to find what they needed to finalize the adoption. I got an email last Friday morning saying thank you, and it would've been nearly impossible without my help. Made me feel good.
Not sure if it counts as a good deed:

Standing in queue for ATM, bloke in front requests money, takes his card and walks away. I step to the ATM and see he's left his cash in the slot, so call after him to come back and get it. He did. He said thanks.
Quote by T.s.e
inb4 "there's no such thing as an unselfish good deed because doing it makes you feel good"

A lot of good deeds are. People saying "You should do nice things because you want to, not because you have to" are full of crap. A true "good deed" is something you do not because it makes you feel better or give you some kind of superiority thing, "good deeds" are the ones you do because you have to, because they're the right thing to do.
I didn't swear at my flatmate when she woke me up this morning.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by CoreysMonster
A lot of good deeds are. People saying "You should do nice things because you want to, not because you have to" are full of crap. A true "good deed" is something you do not because it makes you feel better or give you some kind of superiority thing, "good deeds" are the ones you do because you have to, because they're the right thing to do.

Doesn't quite make it altruistic though. I mean, you don't have to be that cynical to find personal gain in pretty much every action.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Doesn't quite make it altruistic though. I mean, you don't have to be that cynical to find personal gain in pretty much every action.

What if said actions result in your own injury, severe loss, or death?
Quote by CoreysMonster

Ooh ooh ooh I have one of those. I helped this lady with 2 kids and a pram push the pram onto an escalator and one of her kids kicked me in the shins and made me fall down the escalator and sprain my ankle
cat
Quote by CoreysMonster

Martyrdom?

I'm not convinced that altruism is impossible, but I see so few people actually making that kind of sacrifice, full in the knowledge that they're making that sacrifice, that it's jaded my view a bit.
I gave this guy at the taco stand an emergency tracheotomy.

“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
**** you guys. Every thread gets turned into some stupid ****ing pointless debate.

OT: Sometimes if I see an old person putting groceries in their car I'll take their cart back up to the store for them.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I left early to go to a gig. Just was having a good day. Some person had a flat tire on a super busy interstate. I pulled over and helped the poor girls. They had no clue in the world about cars. Fixed it and went on. Got there with time to spare!

Pretty cool
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by CoreysMonster

Your personal sense of morality and thus your ego is satisfied. There's a reason people created the concept of a soul - they wanted to justify sacrificial acts as good and give a proper incentive - that being an existence beyond the tangible.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

The last good deed i did was a a couple of weeks ago in the evening after a night out having a whisky to myself. The place wheere i live is quite poverty-stricken.

I was walking home and not far from my flat and a homeless man asked me if i could spare him a bit of money so he can get some food. He looked like a decent guy so I gave him a couple of quid. He thanked me. I then asked him if he had anywhere to get shelter and he said that he had nowhere to go. He had been sitting on the street with a blanket to keep him warm for the last 3 days.

It was late in the evening and freezing cold, i had to help him. I know of a place that gives shelter to people who have nowhere to go that wasn't far from here, so i helped him walk over to the place so he could get some rest. He couldn't thank me enough.

I may have been endangering my safety by doing that, but a good deed is done and nothing bad happened.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
Your personal sense of morality and thus your ego is satisfied. There's a reason people created the concept of a soul - they wanted to justify sacrificial acts as good and give a proper incentive - that being an existence beyond the tangible.

Your entire being and consciousness are the result of a collections of particles formed into chemicals formed into cells. It was already certain what you were going to do the moment energy was propelled from a singularity the way it was with the Big Bang, freedom of choice is nothing but an illusion in a pre-assembled matter-orgasm that's too complex for us to comprehend, and thus nothing we do or say matters, and nothing we do is a choice.

Or maybe we're all a video game built by aliens, and some just like being Paragons while some are always playing as Renegades, is there a religion or philosophy that believes in that?

EDIT: however, this belongs in the philosophy thread, not in here. Meet me over there.

See, last good thing I did was rescue this thread from another pointless philosophical debate. Yay me!
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Nov 22, 2011,
Quote by CoreysMonster

Or maybe we're all a video game built by aliens, and some just like being Paragons while some are always playing as Renegades, is there a religion or philosophy that believes in that?

EDIT: however, this belongs in the philosophy thread, not in here. Meet me over there.

See, last good thing I did was rescue this thread from another pointless philosophical debate. Yay me!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_physics

Sorry if I derailed the thread

EDIT: Naw, it wasn't me.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Last edited by Rust_in_Peace34 at Nov 22, 2011,
I looked twice at a child crying in the middle of the street during a snowstorm. Just had to check if his/her mother was around.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I can't tell you how many times I've given money to poor people out on the streets. I know not all of them are buying food like they say they will but I can't help it.

One time an old man asked me to buy him food because he hadn't eaten all day. I didnt have any money so I gave him all the snacks out of my backpack.

I also gave away my ticket to a Megadeth show to a friend for his birthday. I couldn't make it to the show and I felt like it'd be nice instead of just selling it.

And when it comes to friends, "if you call I will answer, I'm open ears though tired eyes"
A guy dropped his wallet in the gym I was in and was about to leave, I chased him down and gave him back his wallet...I'm still kinda annoyed that it was by the weights and not the crosstrainers and treadmills so no buff girls saw me.
I saw a neo-Nazi beating up a kid for being gay in the woods near my apartment last week, so I stepped in long enough for the gay kid to run away. The skinhead ran away in the other direction eventually.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing