Hey guys,

I'm in the market for some replacement pickups for my 2008 MIM Fender Jazz.
The stock ones just don't get me that tone that I want. The tone I'm looking for is a nice deep tone with plenty of bass without losing the midrange the Jazz Bass is known for. So a deep/low tone with plenty of bawllzz to cut through the mix.

I play in a hard rock/hardcore band.

There are a few options that I've been looking at: Fender Customshop 60's and Seymour Duncan Quarterpounders

My budget isn't too high and I live in Amsterdam (Netherlands).
It would be nice if the pickups are passive.

Any help is very much appreciated!

*edit* I don't think the Quarterpounders are my thing. Too harsh sounding IMO.
Basses:
Ibanez ARTB-100 (white)
Fender Standard Jazz (black)
Amp:
Peavey MK VI
Last edited by Perroid at Nov 22, 2011,
Dimarzio Model Js sound great, keep a very strong midrange, very good lows, and cut through a band mix like anything
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
I was going to say try flat wounds, but maybe you wouldn't want that. area J, or maybe a stack of some sort. Boost your lows some maybe on your amp first with a slight low mid boost, and a high mid boost.
If you can find them Nordstrand NJ4SV or NJ4SE are great for what you need.

If you want cheaper pickups I recommend either the DiMarzio Ultra Jazz or Model J.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Man, I love Seymour Duncan. The tone on those things are excellent... Haven't had any experience with the Fenders though.