i am sure this question has been asked alot. I am having issues recording with my mixer to computer. I have a trs cable to output to another source. I would like to find a way i could get a input into my computer that is true stereo. What i get from my recording is a left channel (or right cannot remember) doubled as left and right. I know this is caused by the jack to usb (microphone)

I also know that the line in on my computer is also a mono. Is there a way to convert a trs to a stereo line into my computer? if possible what is the cheapest way to do this properly or to do this at all?

I know I should have bought a guitar interface but i preferred the mass controls of an analog mixer. (behringer XENYX 802)

any thoughts?
You're sure the line-in is mono? That's unusual. But if true, then get a new sound card.
You might really need to enable stereo somehow in your software.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
it is not a software problem it is a hardware because audacity will record a "stereo" track not a true stereo track. so i am thinking of getting a Behringer U-CONTROL UCA202 but i want to know if there is a better option.
-Martin D-28
-Custom HH Flying v style (W.I.P)
-Squier Strat SSS
-Yamaha FG720S (red)
absolute cheapest thing i can think of is a griffin iMic. bout $30 when i had to pick one up for a class. not great, but it provides a stereo line input to USB. i did it for while while saving up for a propper interface, which is a better option in the long run.
This might be a stupid question but are you recording in stereo? Like, using two channels that have two different signals?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
i am using true stereo. the signal from my mixer goes into a stereo 1/8" from two dual 1/4" mono plugs. I know for a fact it is the jack not the cable as it is a mono port i am plugging into.

does the griffin iMic have any noise? or what did you not like about it?
-Martin D-28
-Squier Strat SSS
-Yamaha FG720S (red)
i dont remember if it was particularly noisy or anything, i just remember it didnt seem like a real high quality device for recording. it was pretty limited as well, since it is essentially just a line in and headphone out port that is USB instead of being part of the computer. its been years since i used it, and my recollection was more that it was kinda blah than bad. got the job done for what i was doing, but didnt really offer much.
I have resolved my problem, i purchased the Behringer u control usb interface. It allows me to bring left and right into it as a separate channel and then converts it to a digital usb signal.
-Martin D-28
-Squier Strat SSS
-Yamaha FG720S (red)