To give me some ideas for my own pedal board and to have a bit of friendly chit chat pick ONLY three f/x pedals that you would take over all others.

Dont necessarily have to name a brand if you dont want, just an effect type (delay, reverb etc for example).

Oh, and to make it that bit easier, a tuner doesnt count either. So three f/x pedals BESIDES a chromatic tuner

NO MULTI FX PEDALS

Think id go for
Distortion
Overdrive
Delay

not sure if id really need dist AND o/d but there you go

Your turn!
Last edited by LivinJoke84 at Nov 22, 2011,
Overdrive, Delay, and Vol pedal. I do wayyy too much crazy vol swell stuff to live without a volume pedal.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
EHX Micro Metal Muff (first pedal, most used out of all of my pedals)
Ibanez DE7 delay
Danelectro Autowah (this goes after the wet output from the delay, creates the most orgasmic noise ever)
tuner
tubescreamer
footswitch
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Yamaha self customized EG012
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
my loop pedal and reverb, only pedals that are always on
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Reverb, chorus and wah.
Really, as long as I've got some reverb I'm right to go.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by moscaespañol
Tuner, Distortion, Chorus

You dont have to include a tuner if you dont want, im working on the basis that a tuner is a given
Quote by Cathbard
Reverb, chorus and wah.
Really, as long as I've got some reverb I'm right to go.

Same here. I only really need reverb. Other effects are a luxury.

I like delay and fuzz, but I can live without those if I have to.
wah, ts9 tube screamer, and footswitch so i can switch between amps.
Cream fan club member #11.
My Buster Jangle #19/23 (the ultimate overdrive machine!), Greenhouse Effects Nobrainer distortion (all my high gain tones), and my trusty MXR Carbon Copy delay.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Digitech Whammy, EHX Metal Muff and a Chorus. Those're the basis of my pedalboard right now, and I hardly use enough gain to warrant a noise gait unless to eliminate the hiss from a massive signal chain.
Then I shall insert my erect penis into the narrow vaginal cavity of my blood-relative whom I predate by approximately 5 years.
fuzz, digitech whammy, delay
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
tubescreamer, chorus, analog delay
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Quote by itamar100
Way more people use fuzz than I thought!

Yeah, noticing some paterns. Everyone is into their reverb and delay. Seems like the classics are the best.

No one really seems arsed for anything like phaser, octave or flanger. I guess some people have those pedals and use em but when pushed to distill it down to three one can live without them
delay, wah, EQ for boost
2011 PRS CU24 (Black/Gold), Carvin Legacy 3
Last edited by TornUp at Nov 22, 2011,
Quote by LivinJoke84
Yeah, noticing some paterns. Everyone is into their reverb and delay. Seems like the classics are the best.

No one really seems arsed for anything like phaser, octave or flanger. I guess some people have those pedals and use em but when pushed to distill it down to three one can live without them

I can't stand dry tones! Reverb and slight delay is a must! I also love phasers and octave pedals and I occasionally flangers but distortion, fuzz and delay is a must!
No need for pedals here. I guess i could use a delay and a phaser eventually. Got tired of tap dancing and joined a pop punk band.
Freakin $4000 amp head better be all of the OD/gain tones i need haha.
decimator
overdrive

actually i'm pretty sure i could get by with just those two if i had to
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
overdrive, wah and delay (actually that's all i really use except a phaser for a couple of songs)
Delay, wah and chorus.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+