I’m selling my new Martin D-18 GE, shipped from Martin Sept. 16, 2011. It’s only 2 months old and barely played. I need cash and can’t consider trades. These beautiful reproductions of the 1934 D-18 are selling for $3299 in stores and on the web. With tax or shipping you’ll pay closer to $3400 or more for a brand new one. Since I can’t sell it as a brand new guitar I’m taking $300 off. You can get my new D-18 “Golden Era” for $3000. Plus I’ve added antique Ivory string pins and an Ebony strap button on the heel. This particular D-18 “Golden Era” has an exceptionally beautiful Adirondack (Red) Spruce top with lots of “bear claw” visible in the grain.

Detailed pix available at

TONE:
I’ve owned 2 Martin D-35s, a D-28, and this D-18 beats them all. Besides being an exceptionally elegant guitar, the real beauty of this D-18 is the sound. This guitar has a big rich woody dreadnought sound and projects with a punchy loudness I’ve always looked for in D models. The tone is an articulate accent pitched toward a sweet midrange timbre. This is likely due to the use of Select Mahogany and Adirondack “Red” Spruce combined to add snap and clarity.

DESCRIPTION:
Classic dreadnought body with slightly stiffer solid Adirondack spruce (red spruce) top, permit scalloped 5/16" Golden Era bracing shifted closer to the soundhole for free vibration and huge volume. Solid genuine mahogany back and sides give it punch and clarity, assisting the powerful mids and highs. Mahogany blocks with a dovetail neck joint., modified V-shaped neck (1-3/4" nut, 2-5/16" string spacing at bridge), for long-playing comfort features a fossil ivory nut & long saddle, and solid ebony fingerboard. Looks are enhanced by Old Style 18 abalone fretboard inlays, Waverly nickel tuners with butterbean knobs, polished gloss finish, Brazilian rosewood headplate with large Golden Era-style logo, and black binding. Guitar comes in the Martin vintage "Geib" style 545E case w/ the soft maroon (cabernet) velvet padded interior.

THE DEAL:
I’m selling out of a need for cash, otherwise this guitar wouldn’t be sitting in my closet, I’d be playing it. Though technically “used” the guitar is ‘as new’, 2 months old, and unregistered. I’m asking $3000 cash, no trades.