Hi i've heard about the tremol-no and all that about how you can "turn it on and off" so you can do double string bends, unison bends and that without it going out of tune and divebomb on the other mode,
but does it let you change the tuning of the floyd rose from e standard to drop d or to d# standard without detuning the other strings? If you can is there a cheaper alternative or is the tremol-no the best product you can buy for this?
the D Tuna (i'm pretty sure it's spelt like that..) lets you flick between drop and standard with a floyd rose, but you'd have to retune completely as usual for like, standard to half step down and stuff like that.
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
If you have it in dive only or fully blocked mode, you should be able to drop tune the low e without any other tuning issues. Major tuning changes might push the set screws in the tremol-no beyond their abililty to hold.

I don't think the D tuna will work with a full floating floyd rose, do they?
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Yes you can change the tuning. It would defeat the point of blocking the bridge if you couldn't. The thing is, you'll have to put it back in your initial tuning before turning off the block.

EDIT:
I'll just explain how it works. Firstly, you'll want to set the guitar up as normal in your preferred tuning. And then there are three "modes."
1.) Unblocked, guitar functions as usual. Tuning can not be changed, and you must put the guitar back in your preferred tuning before any time you unlock it.
2.) Divebomb, Stops bridge from going up, but not down. Also the tension of one string won't effect another so you can change tunings. Basically, it operates like any non floating trem bar.
3.) Blocked, Bridge doesn't move at all. Change tunings as you please.
Last edited by Macabre_Turtle at Nov 22, 2011,
I have one on my Ibanez, and it's pretty good. It's not perfect, but it saves time. I don't know about major tuning changes though, lowest I tune down is D standard.
thanks for the advice so if you put it in divebomb mode then you can change tuning to d# standard or drop d then? By the way i don't really want to tune any lower than d standard so im not doing any major tuning changes
Quote by rroastbeef
thanks for the advice so if you put it in divebomb mode then you can change tuning to d# standard or drop d then? By the way i don't really want to tune any lower than d standard so im not doing any major tuning changes

My guitar is usually C# standard or drop B and with my tremel-no I can put it up to standard no problem. If you're going no lower than D, it'll definitely do wonders for you.