so guys, I'm in the UK and was looking for a new guitar and could't help but notice guitar center in the USA had some great deals! I was wondering if anybody from the UK has had any issues with buying a guitar from this site and would like to know if its worth doing with shipping costs etc!
Forever shouting 'IM THE DEVIL I CAN DO WHAT I WANT' at inappropriate times.

i'm not sure if they ship internationally or not

main thing to remember is that you'll be hit for customs and VAT (and they're charged on the postage charge, too), so assume 25-30% extra in fees on top of the total price you get from GC (including postage).

Also if anything goes wrong it's going to be expensive as all get-out to return it.

Not saying you shouldn't do it if you really are getting such a good deal- just those things are worth bearing in mind.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Most USA guitar sites will no longer ship to the UK from what I've seen, plus, as mentioned above, astronomical import taxes make any savings a complete moot point when bringing in goods from abroad. The import costs can be literally almost the cost of the item once shipping has been factored in too. Not to mention UK customs seem to like holding on to items for weeks/months at a time, and god forbid if they actually decide to open it to inspect it, i GUARANTEE it will arrive damaged/broken. EVERY time UK customs has opened a parcel of mine it has been broken by cack-handed customs officials.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
Last edited by jukejointjohnny at Nov 22, 2011,
it violates their agreements with the manufacturers to do so.

so they don't.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
what is it you want?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
thanks for the help guys! Means a lot!
Forever shouting 'IM THE DEVIL I CAN DO WHAT I WANT' at inappropriate times.

The thing is guys, what you've missed is that Guitar Center officially supports buying from the UK. They show prices in GBP and include shipping rates to the UK.

"View the order total (including shipping fees, duties and taxes) at checkout."

So go for it, there's nothing to worry about.
oh right, does it?

i know they used to not ship to the uk
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I work at guitar center, we can not ship internationally to the uk
Kona Custom(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H300(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H400 (Duncan Loaded) STOCK YESSSS
LTD M202 BB(Duncan Loaded)
80s American Tele(STOCK)
Gibson Faded V
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mesa Triple Rectifier (EL-34s)
and many more.....