Does anyone know any good political bands out there? I don't really care what is it they support. And I prefer them in the hard rock region. I already know Pennywise, Rage Against the Machine, System of a Down and if you count them as political, Megadeth
Rise Against, Black Flag, Sex Pistols, Bad Religion, The Misfits, Marilyn Manson
Rollins Band teaches you the ways of life.
Listen to Henry Rollins, it's good for you
System of a down.
Quote by christfudge
Joe Satriani + Kirk Hammett = Joe Satriani

Quote by Vornik
I got really drunk, dropped some acid and found myself about 12 feet away from a black bear. Though you should know.
<<<RISE AGAINST>>> Thier messages suck sometimes...
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Anti Flag... they're pretty narrow minded though
Rise Against is decent for that
Muse sometimes has political messages but that's not really what they go for
Quote by Tyson2011
when in doubt, adjust the truss rod.

Sfedf the First ...
or should it be the insane?
Quote by Jabels225
Rise Against, Black Flag, Sex Pistols, Bad Religion, The Misfits, Marilyn Manson

I wouldn't say that The Misfits or Black Flag are political.
The Misfits just wrote about B-Movies, History and some social events.
Black Flag mostly wrote songs about depression, social anxiety and all that other cool shit.

Both bands are amazing but politics was not their main lyrical content.

As for Marilyn Manson, i'm not too sure but i don't think he is political in lyrical content.

Dead Kennedys, Leftover Crack (Anything Stza has been in really), Dead Prez, Conflict, Subhumans, Public Enemy, thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

The Anarcho-punk scene during the 80's was obviously political but then again you might hate that type of music, so whatever.
Do You Want To See My Cotton Panties?
Try Propagandhi (Later 3 albums are best in my opinion but first two are still good), very political band (sometimes to the point of annoyance).

Also try The Broadways, another punk band. the majority of their material was very political and very thought provoking.

Most Against me! stuff is based somewhat on politics, not all of it though.

If you can stick the annoying fake accents i'd also check out some crust/street punk bands (The Casualties, The Unseen, Cheap Sex)

Lastly if you reeeally don't mind annoying fake accents try Anti-Flag, they can come off as pretty self important and irritating but i think their hearts are in the right place.

There's a million more but that's the obvious choices.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I second Nation Of Ulysses
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
A lot of these are just talentless punk bands... You might just want to start there.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12