Hey guys.
So I am looking to get another guitar and would be interested in a 7 string. Using Offworld92's guide heres the lowdown:
Budget: Up to about £600 ($938USD)
Favourite Artists: John Petrucci, Korn, Trivium, etc
Preferences: Any body shape, Preferably explorer or V, Any number of frets
Pickups: No preference
New or Used?: Eithers good
Current Gear: Ibanez RG2570E
Line 6 Spider IV 75
Boss MT-2 Overdrive Pedal

Hope this helps with suggestions. Any other questions just ask.

Cheers
ProgRockRider
Used Ibanez RG1527.

Not a radical shape but the best value 7 you can in the UK.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Used Ibanez RG1527.

Not a radical shape but the best value 7 you can in the UK.

Seconding, but only if you want a trem. Even then, it's blockable.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
You're not going to get a 7-string V or Explorer easily or cheaply. Epiphone have made them in the past but they're out of production now. Finding one would come down to random luck searching eBay. Gibson also makes them but even second hand they'd be out of your price range, unless again you luck out and find a really beaten up one or something. I'm sure more 'metal' brands have made them at some point too but certainly none that I've seen around Britain commonly or even other EU countries.

I think your best bet at that budget will be to look at Ibanez and ESP's LTD line. Maybe Schecter, though they can be a little hard to get hold of at a reasonable price. You'll have to make-do with the standard Super Strat shape but that's pretty much all the EU market has in that price range.
^Agreed.

LTDs, Schecters and some Ibanez guitars meet your price range. Most of those tend to be strat shaped guitars.
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-417
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
I actually DO know of a 7 string V that's fairly cheap, it's an LTD V 307. Not sure how much that is in England but it's $750 here in the states.
EDIT:
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/esp-guitars-ltd-v-307-electric-guitar-black-satin--88782
Not likely to be in till next year, most likely; they've had some supply chain issues.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Nov 23, 2011,
The new ESP lines are available soon, or you could check out Agile guitars at www.rondomusic.com Loads of people on here have really good things to say about them
Quote by oracles
The new ESP lines are available soon, or you could check out Agile guitars at www.rondomusic.com Loads of people on here have really good things to say about them

He's not in the states so getting an Agile could proove to be difficult.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by oneblackened
I actually DO know of a 7 string V that's fairly cheap, it's an LTD V 307. Not sure how much that is in England but it's $750 here in the states.
EDIT:
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/esp-guitars-ltd-v-307-electric-guitar-black-satin--88782
Not likely to be in till next year, most likely; they've had some supply chain issues.

Wont be less than £1k.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
The other LTD standard line 7s are around £700-£800 so there's no reaosn why that one would be as much as a grand let alone over. But it'll still be out of OPs budget either way.
Cheers Guys.
Anyone had any experience with the 7-string agile hornet? Really like the look of these and would cost me just under my budget to buy + import.
Dont ever ever ever buy a new Agile and get it shipped to you in the UK.

Ever.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb