on my guitar... while playing i noticed a plastic piece fly by and i looked up at the nut and sure enough... it broke off here

How much does a nut job ( ) usually or should cost? I've also been thinking about getting a bone nut instead of the regular plastic that's on it now.

I guess in a way it gives me an excuse to get the mods done that i've been meaning to get done on it.
Should be around $50 for a good job and a bone nut. A setup is usually part of the process, too, and should be included in that price.
It happens, man. It happens. It happens to expensive guitars and cheap ones, too. As already stated, a replacement in bone should run about fifty bucks or so. You might also look at a GraphTech but. They're supposed to be very good. But a bone nut is still the standard for most replacement nuts, since a lot of manufacturers don't offer them anymore (they're too cheap; the lousy bastards!)
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Roc8995
Should be around $50 for a good job and a bone nut. A setup is usually part of the process, too, and should be included in that price.

Prices for work are localized. A nut job and setup might only be $50 in Madison, but here in New York $90 is cheap.
Depending on the guitar you might be able to buy a preslotted nut and install it yourself for <$10. Having one made for your guitar will be at least $50 like previously stated, it really depends on the guy that's doing the job.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
Depending on the guitar you might be able to buy a preslotted nut and install it yourself for <$10. Having one made for your guitar will be at least $50 like previously stated, it really depends on the guy that's doing the job.

+1
I had that happen to my bass a couple weeks ago. It feels pretty weird.

Definitely do it yourself!
Its a dead simple process, and very hard to make a total screw up. Even if you fail and have to resort to paying someone, your mistake wont add any cost to the pro job.
does anyone know the radius? or dimensions of a epiphone dot nut? i am thinking of ordering a pre slotted one but have no idea what the dimensions are.
Quote by jpnyc
Prices for work are localized. A nut job and setup might only be $50 in Madison, but here in New York $90 is cheap.

i am thinking that would be my price as well... southern ontario tends to be expensive, which is depresseing because i only paid a bit more for the guitar.