I got the Ernie Ball Jr Passive model. I run 3 different guitars Es-335 Fender Ass and Fender Tele. -->Boss Ge-7--->Pinnacle Dist.--->Compressor---->DD-3--->Volume Pedal--->Radial ABY Switch--->Fender Deluxe&Fender Twin

I have noticed other threads where people complain about the range how it goes from loud to quiet very quickly. Would I help to run the pedal first in the chain? Should I have gotten the Active Volume Pedal?
MARTY FRIEDMAN--"It’s a lot easier to be technical than it is stylized; it really is... But I think it’s a lot more rare to have someone who’s really got their own sound because that’s something you can’t practice."
No, you should not have gotten the active version. IIRC there is a sweep adjustment switch located in the pedal. If you are having a problem you should try adjusting it. I have an EB and haven't noticed any sweep issues. Maybe I should flip the switch and see if it causes a problem.

Your post seems to indicate that only other people are having a problem and not you. If it works fine why are you questioning it?
1. Yes, there is a switch (kinda inside the pedal, by the output jacks) to change how to sweep of the pedal works.

2. Are you personally having issues?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I run mine first in my chain. For me, it gives me more of the characteristics of the volume knob on my guitar. When I have overdrive on, turning the volume pedal down a little cleans it up. I ran it at the end of my chain and it lowered the volume more than cleaned up the tone.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
I didn't notice the question about first in the chain. What crzysnow said is correct. However not having a buffered pedal between the guitar and volume may result in some tone suck. You will have to decide based on how it sounds to you.