I just bought an Ibanez S 7420 which has the ZR tremolo.

With the zero point system engaged I feel like the tremolo is really hard and stiff. I can barely change the pitch with it.

Is it supposed to be that hard?
How strong are your hands? Did you use tremolos similar to that variant before (eg. Floyd Roses)?
Based on what I can tell, if this is your first time using a tremolo system, it will be stiff. You will get used to it later on. If you already played a tremolo bar before, then it's probably a maintenance issue. Please provide details and then I can help you.

Regards,
parhelia_0000
Quote by parhelia_0000
How strong are your hands? Did you use tremolos similar to that variant before (eg. Floyd Roses)?
Based on what I can tell, if this is your first time using a tremolo system, it will be stiff. You will get used to it later on. If you already played a tremolo bar before, then it's probably a maintenance issue. Please provide details and then I can help you.

Regards,
parhelia_0000

I'm sure my hands are strong enough, i'm 18!
I've tried both Floyd Rose & ZR tremolos in guitar stores, non were this stiff.
If its in the middle it should be fine. What string gauge are you using?

I have mine set between 1/4 - 1/2 for drop d with .10s. I also removed the zps bar or whatever its called and it feels a lot better to me.
As people have said before, it's the ZPS (aka Zero Point System) bar that's probably causing the whammy bar to be stiff. Have it removed, then set the guitar up with a string gauge of your preference and it should be just fine. That's how I would do it.
Remove the ZPS and see if it helps(duh). If not, try a smaller string gauge.

Those are your only options. If neither works, hit the gym.