I have a Peavy KB60 amp... it's a keyboard amp that I bought used for e-drums and am using for the guitar for the time being...

I also have a Line 6 Floor Pod... it has tons of sounds in it and it's pretty cool for basement practice.

The stoopid question is this... Do I really need a guitar amp since I'm using the modeler, or do I just have GAS?

Seriously, is there any real point in me getting like a Spider IV or a VOX or similar, since I have the Pod anyway?
Last edited by Kevin616 at Nov 22, 2011,
If you were to get a Line 6 Spider then you would definitely be wasting your money. Not only are Spiders absolute shit, but your Floor Pod can do so much more and you have transparent amplification for it as well, so really getting any modeling amp would be a complete waste of money as well.

Now, it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing to get a nice tube amp in the future, depending on your style of music.
Quote by Kevin616
The stoopid question is this... Do I really need a guitar amp since I'm using the modeler, or do I just have GAS?

Seriously, is there any real point in me getting like a Spider IV or a VOX or similar, since I have the Pod anyway?

that setup is just about that same thing as a modeling amp like the spider IV. no, you don't need the lateral move in gear. save your cash.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
A KB60 is basically a flat response amp so running into that will be about the same as running your pod into a PA. It should work fine. It will certainly be superior to a spider, those Peavey keyboards amps are pretty good. Sure, a good PA is better but your KB60 should work ok for what you are planning. Not the path I'd take but it is certainly a valid method.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Awesome... I thought as much. Now a nice inexpensive tube amp like a Fender Blues Junior would be a fantastic sound... couple that with the Floor Pod and I can have my cake and eat it too. I can have that nice rich tube tone and also go bananas with FX if I so desire.
Quote by Kevin616
Awesome... I thought as much. Now a nice inexpensive tube amp like a Fender Blues Junior would be a fantastic sound... couple that with the Floor Pod and I can have my cake and eat it too. I can have that nice rich tube tone and also go bananas with FX if I so desire.

Ya. Modelling-processor into a clean tube-amp is a pretty popular setup. Did that for some time myself, was a pretty fun rig.