Hey

I'm a third year Music Tech student, and am in dire need of keeping my mixing skills refreshed (haven't mixed anything for a few months, been practicing my mastering instead), so I was wondering if anyone here had some unmixed wav files (or a pro tools session) that I could practice on?

Cheers!
Quote by TheBurningFish
"OH GOD OH GOD MUM MUM I PISSED MILK OH MY GOD OH MY GOD "

Something like that. All the while, his pants are still about his ankles and his semi erect sausage drips on the carpet as he runs around like a headless chicken...
Nice, thank you!
Quote by TheBurningFish

Something like that. All the while, his pants are still about his ankles and his semi erect sausage drips on the carpet as he runs around like a headless chicken...
Quote by Valrys
Hey

I'm a third year Music Tech student, and am in dire need of keeping my mixing skills refreshed (haven't mixed anything for a few months, been practicing my mastering instead), so I was wondering if anyone here had some unmixed wav files (or a pro tools session) that I could practice on?

Cheers!

Well, I was planning to record some stuff tomorrow. If you can give me some good pointers on mic'ing an acoustic guitar with a large diaphragm condenser then I'll send you some WAV's of me covering a song if you like?
There is a great thread on this at gearslutz. there's a database of some killer songs in multitrack or stem format
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Stoner - Cheers

Star - I normally use 3 microphones to record acoustic guitar In my semi-educated opinion, if you've just got the one, try placing it roughly above the 12th fret, pointing down at the neck. Of course, that won't sound good with all guitars or microphones, so experiment if you don't like the sound you're getting (or the microphone is getting in the way of you playing )
Quote by TheBurningFish

Quote by Valrys
Stoner - Cheers

Star - I normally use 3 microphones to record acoustic guitar In my semi-educated opinion, if you've just got the one, try placing it roughly above the 12th fret, pointing down at the neck. Of course, that won't sound good with all guitars or microphones, so experiment if you don't like the sound you're getting (or the microphone is getting in the way of you playing )

Wow 3? Times like this I realise how poor I am lol. What if I used the same mic, but recorded the same part 3 times, but with the mic in those three positions.

Like triple-tracking. Would that give the same effect?
Quote by rocknrollstar
Wow 3? Times like this I realise how poor I am lol. What if I used the same mic, but recorded the same part 3 times, but with the mic in those three positions.

Like triple-tracking. Would that give the same effect?

Frankly, if it's a home demo and you only have one microphone, just double track it with the mic in the same position each time - if your guitar and playing are good that'll be enough. I've never tried my mic'ing technique one mic at a time before, so I have no idea whether that'll sound good or bad. You're welcome to try it and let me know though
Quote by TheBurningFish

Quote by Valrys
Frankly, if it's a home demo and you only have one microphone, just double track it with the mic in the same position each time - if your guitar and playing are good that'll be enough. I've never tried my mic'ing technique one mic at a time before, so I have no idea whether that'll sound good or bad. You're welcome to try it and let me know though

I tried it man, it sounded pretty good. I'll post a clip up tomorrow.

And yeah I usually just one microphone for demos but I want a more professional sound, but as you have likely gathered I have no money.
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics