Hey everyone! I'm new here.. I'm a guitarist, I'm finally getting into making my own material! But I have some problems, here's what I do:

Solos/riffs:
I can do those no problem. I sit down, mess around in scales/scale extensions, and I can come up with solos/riffs with no problem.

Arpeggios:
Mild. I usually d*** around and after a while come up with some pretty cool stuff.

Power/barre chord riffs:
I CAN'T DO THIS AT ALL. I'm trying to get down some basic chord structure to a song, and I sit down, but nothing really jumps out and gives me that "woah, this is it" feeling… It's annoying and makes writing a song painfully difficult when you can get everything BUT the basic structure down.

I've tried starting with the solo, then taking the solo and putting a chord structure to it, but I can't make a good riff out of them, and I don't want my songs to be memorable for having JUST good riffs and solos, I want it to be more than that.

tl;dr:
Any tips on making basic power/barre chord structures? Stuff like Green Day's Dookie/Kerplunk albums, the intros of Basket Case, When I Come Around, She, etc.

Thanks guys!
This is Songwriting and Lyrics which is just that; written works, generally the musical composition side of things is handled by the Musician Talk forums. That being said -

If you want a chord structure like Green Day, you should definitely choose a key and play I, III, V, VII chords. Don't bother trying to be original unless your piece is incredibly dissonant and entirely diminished 9th chords with full phase and distortion..... you won't actually achieve something original. Just don't make it a G-D-Em-C chord sequence, the world has enough.
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
All i can say is keep with how your song is if you got a lighter song go with the minor pentonic scale but go down to the 12-18 frets and mess around with some bends and pulls offs for chords use power cords like
E--------
A--2
D--4
G--4

its just to keep the lighter tone but if you want something metal like use the minor pentonic rooted to the 5th fret and get disortion in there m8 just stick with the Big E A D power chords sorry im kinda novice guitar play but i can make my own music this what my friend told me 2 do when i first started out hope it helps
Quote by Mr.Pink101
This is Songwriting and Lyrics which is just that; written works, generally the musical composition side of things is handled by the Musician Talk forums.

this, bro. you'll get more helpful replies in Musician Talk and the S&L Techniques subforum. i recommend trying MT first.