Poll: Jackson DK2T or ESP EC 1000ASB?
Poll Options
View poll results: Jackson DK2T or ESP EC 1000ASB?
Jackson
12 50%
ESP
10 42%
Other (list your alternative)
2 8%
Voters: 24.
Alright,
so I'm stuck between these two models and can't for the life of me work out which one to get. unfortunately, I can't test either because I live in a town I northern Alberta that's 5 hours away from anything.

I like the ESP for its set neck construction, and the '59 as opposed to the Jackson's jazz pickup, but hate all that body binding.

The Jackson has its pro's as well with the compound radius fretboard which I love and am already used to since I own a modified JS30KE. My only concern is, am I short changing myself on it which the bolt on neck construction?

I'm a predominate metal player ranging between thrash, death, black, hair and metalcore and I prefer the tone of the Seymour's instead of EMG's. So, my question is this, what would you choose, and why?
Jackson for sure, dude. I just don't like ESP necks. The bolt-on neck shouldn't make too much of a difference in tone if your distortion is that high. My rhythm guitarist has an old low-end Dinky, and I love it.

Where you from? Grande Prairie over here.
I forgot to mention, I absolutely hate floating bridges, so they arent an option for me.

@Bledghostwhite im in Fort McMurray =\
Quote by BledGhostWhite
Jackson for sure, dude. I just don't like ESP necks. The bolt-on neck shouldn't make too much of a difference in tone if your distortion is that high.
Aye, this knight's preference shall be'ith Jackson as well! ESP be'ith a fine forger of metallic instruments, yet theire necks art more slender'ous than Jackson. In addition, ye Jackson's scale length be'ith a bit longer, which allow'eth more space for thine fingers to fret unholy notes to punish thine audience into submission!

This post now concludeth!
WATCH YE TALES OF THIS VERY KNIGHT, AS TOLD IN YE ARTS OF CINEMA AND METAL:
> CLICK'ETH HERE <
^ love this guy
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I'll start off with a disclaimer - I'm a Jackson guy, so I'm naturally going to sway that way.

But I just want to ask why you see the bolt on neck as a negative? Do you just dislike the neck heels? Because the Pro-series dinkies are very good instruments. And the bolt on neck has what a lot of people would view as a positive - the back of the neck is finished in satin rather than a clear coat that a lot of people would find 'sticky' to play on.

I don't mind clear coated necks, but I'd rather play on oiled or satin ones.
ESP. End of story.
Last edited by I AM DEREK at Nov 23, 2011,
You're trying to compare two incredibly different guitars. LP vs super Strat, you should already know which style of guitar you prefer. You might as well be asking what to pick between a monster truck and a italian sports car.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
I'll start off with a disclaimer - I'm a Jackson guy, so I'm naturally going to sway that way.

But I just want to ask why you see the bolt on neck as a negative? Do you just dislike the neck heels? Because the Pro-series dinkies are very good instruments. And the bolt on neck has what a lot of people would view as a positive - the back of the neck is finished in satin rather than a clear coat that a lot of people would find 'sticky' to play on.

I don't mind clear coated necks, but I'd rather play on oiled or satin ones.

only because I owned an Agile Interceptor Pro 727 with a neck through before and found the cut away was so much easier to access, though I attribute that largely to the body style of my Kelly and it being infamous for the reach in the lower cutaway. I do prefer the satin neck finish of the Jackson to the LTD.
Quote by grohl1987
You're trying to compare two incredibly different guitars. LP vs super Strat, you should already know which style of guitar you prefer. You might as well be asking what to pick between a monster truck and a italian sports car.

There wouldn't be that much difference though? Obviously the LP would sound somewhat 'fuller' due to its body style, but the tone it produces would come down to the amp since that's where the majority of tone comes from is it not?
Quote by Ye Black Knight
Aye, this knight's preference shall be'ith Jackson as well! ESP be'ith a fine forger of metallic instruments, yet theire necks art more slender'ous than Jackson. In addition, ye Jackson's scale length be'ith a bit longer, which allow'eth more space for thine fingers to fret unholy notes to punish thine audience into submission!

This post now concludeth!

i'd prefer teh jackson too, but they are very different guitars so personal preference will play a part
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Loving the Christmas'd avatar Dave haha. And I've never heard of "Ye Black Knight" but he wins the internet and 40 virgins from that one post lol

I owned the exact LTD you're looking at, it's an awesome guitar for sure. I'm like you, in the fact I like the '59 more than the Jazz but if you're going for balls hanging out metal I'd pick the Jackson. P.S. you can get the LTD for $400ish used
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
Loving the Christmas'd avatar Dave haha.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If the neck on the Jackson is anything at all like the neck on my Charvel, then get it. The compound radius is really nice to have, and I don't really like ESP's necks either.
Quote by Drewste720571
Schecter. Get a Schecter C-1 or Omen-6 or something.

I can't stand the tree trunk thickness of Schecter, so its a no go for me there.

I've decided the Jackson is the best value and thats the one I'll go with. It seems to suit my styles better, and I prefer the MIJ construction.

Thanks to everyone who helped!
Okay I was playing a Jackson DXMG, made in India before. Now I am playing an LTD M-1000 for like 8 months. I miss the jackson's neck(more comfortable) but I like the overall looks/style of the ESP more.

I would say take the one that you think will satisfy most. I listen to others, and picked a M-1000 instead of a KH-602 and now I kind of regret it.
Whichever you choose though would be a great choice in my opinion anyway.
Ibanez RG821 + Ibanez TS9
Peavey Vypyr 30 + Sanpera

My song covers on YouTube
I like Jackson necks. I own a DKMG, but if I was to buy one now, I'd go for a DK2M because the maple fretboard is very sexy.
Quote by W4RP1G
I like Jackson necks. I own a DKMG, but if I was to buy one now, I'd go for a DK2M because the maple fretboard is very sexy.

+1 to the dk2m. tis sexy with the maple fretboard and ebony inlays. i love mine
but they are discontinued i beleive
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Yeah, and I have absolutely no idea why - as far as I know it was a best seller.

And, as usual, Jackson didn't say anything about it being discontinued, it just disappeared off their website one day and that was it.

It's a real shame, because I love mine and I would consider buying more of them. I just love that maple fretboard. The same goes for the RR24M. I've been saying for ages that I'd like to see Jackson make more maple fretboard models, and then they go and discontinue two of the only ones that they did make.
Yea...it six. But they are all over the used market. Mine is a 97
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED